shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Swallower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Accused Thief Swallows $7,000 Ring
AP
HOLLIS, N.H. (Feb. 13) - A house painter accused of taking a $7,000 diamond engagement ring from the condo he was working at apparently swallowed the evidence during a break from questioning at the police station - and it was caught on tape, police said Tuesday.

Kenny Narron, 44, of Richlands, N.C., was charged with theft and falsifying evidence. Doctors had to perform emergency surgery to get the 1.2-carat ring out. Narron was arraigned from his hospital bed.

Police say the ring had been hidden under a mattress in a condo in Merrimack that Narron had been hired to paint last month. The owner said he was hiding the ring for his brother, so his brother''s girlfriend wouldn''t see it until the time was right.

But the owner said one day, his 16-year-old son came home to find Narron coming out of the master bedroom, according to a police affidavit.

"The ring was kept under his mattress along with the paperwork ... he discovered his mattress askew and when he checked for the ring, he found it missing," the affdavit said.

Narron was questioned at the Hollis Police Department. When investigators left the room for a few minutes to make a few calls, a security camera in the room showed Narron swallowing the ring and putting a white jewelry box in a drawer. Police also said they came across torn up paperwork for the diamond.

"I''m not sure what goes through people''s minds when you''re in public and there''s cameras everywhere, but yeah, it is on tape," Lt. James Sartell said.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
non-sequitor...who else swallowed an engagement ring?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 4:39:27 PM
Author: Regular Guy

The officer whose marriage proposal had just been turned down in, "An Officer and A Gentleman" before he comitted suicide.

Deb
34.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 4:53:15 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 2/15/2007 4:39:27 PM

The officer whose marriage proposal had just been turned down in, ''An Officer and A Gentleman'' before he comitted suicide.

Deb
34.gif
As Elvis said...thank you....thank you very much. Did we all know that?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 4:58:07 PM

Did we all know that?
Ira, are you saying that mine was the only right answer or are there many right answers? I misspelled "committed" out of sloppiness above. My apologies, everyone.

Deborah
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
In addition to the theft the big surprise was ruined for the man''s wife! How sad!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 5:15:51 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 2/15/2007 4:58:07 PM

Did we all know that?
Ira, are you saying that mine was the only right answer or are there many right answers? I misspelled ''committed'' out of sloppiness above. My apologies, everyone.

Deborah
34.gif
Sorry for any threadjack. The example you list was merely vividly and readily in my mind. This may happen every day for all I know, so I won''t pretent to have a "right" answer. But, I was wondering if "our" answer was in many of our minds.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always wonder what people are thinking when they do stuff like this!

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
not to mention who wants a ring after it''s been surgically removed from someone else''s intestine!!! EW! Poor girl, that''s the story she gets to tell when people ask about it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were the lady receiving this ring I think I''d prefer surgical removal rather than the other logical way that it might be retrieved under the circumstances...
23.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
EWWWW....
emotion-41.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought everyone knew that swallowing evidence is a bad idea. Nevermind at the police station on camera. Anyone who watches any TV knows that the observe you the whole time. And of couse never swallow something hard with pointy edges, knife, metal, diamonds etc.

Poor future wife though. Guess she now knows her BF was prepared to pop the question. If I were the BF I''d think about returning that ring for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results