shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Styles are Changing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read this last week in US weekly and thought I'd share it here since I know we are always talking about what is coming in and out trend-wise.

There was a quote along with a celebrity ring spread where they said something about how people are going for more classic looks like solitaires and 3 stone rings, and that we won't be seeing many rings that are 'pave encrusted' (that was their quote!) like we did last year.

They showed a few celebs rings who of course I can't remember...I know Nicole Kidman and ummm I think Nicolette Sheridan and some other newly engaged gals and they had fairly 'simple' rings, if you can call a 5c emerald solitare or a 5ctw 3 stone ring simple...hee hee.

So I know alot of times people worry about what is coming in or out....I think the trend for 2006 may be more simple rings ????

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm...
38.gif
.... do you mean BIG diamonds are in again !?
9.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, big is IN BIG TIME...

Just came back from the Basel watch and Jewelry fair, and it seems like the only things that moved fast were three carat plus diamonds...

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Ugh! I was having a hard enough time choosing a setting and thought I was settled on the Reena masterpiece. I just love that setting, and I know I shouldn''t let trends sway my opinion, but it''s hard to not consider it, especially when that setting is $$ and might be very delicate. Sigh....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s very interesting mara. we''ve all commented on how we haven''t been seeing as many pave/halo rings this year and classic 3 stones are popular as well as the gorgeous classic solitaire. Seems like PS still is slightly ahead or right along with those who set the trends
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 9:19:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
That''s very interesting mara. we''ve all commented on how we haven''t been seeing as many pave/halo rings this year and classic 3 stones are popular as well as the gorgeous classic solitaire. Seems like PS still is slightly ahead or right along with those who set the trends
1.gif
We are a savvy bunch!!!!
31.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
heck, I say have one in all styles, that way you are always covered!! haahhaa

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think ring styles need to be turned over every 3-5 years the way color of metal needs to be changed every 10-15 years. Designers need to be able to sell B&M jewelers new settings and so they need to change up what is “in” otherwise they would see a reduction in their business. JMO.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Guess that''s why I love the classics, they always come back in style but never quite go out
9.gif
classic solitaire for me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know and i totally want a simple solitaire with a big rock in it now, mrs salvo!!!

there is something to be said for going classic, that's for sure...it NEVER goes out of style!!

to those who are considering a ring style, my only REAL advice other than buy what you love is to try to buy something that has elements of classic but add elements that fit your personality so it's never quite following a trend or similar.

i am kind of bored with my setting but i don't feel that it looks or will look 'dated' or like it was from one year specifically. sure it's eternity melee, but it isn't overkill with the pave or filigree or whatever, it's kind of straightforward but yet still has simple elements to it. the funniest part is that i liked it before eternity was even really popular!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I don''t suppose small classic solitares will ever be in style?
9.gif
31.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 12:53:20 AM
Author: Mara
i know and i totally want a simple solitaire with a big rock in it now, mrs salvo!!!

there is something to be said for going classic, that''s for sure...it NEVER goes out of style!!

to those who are considering a ring style, my only REAL advice other than buy what you love is to try to buy something that has elements of classic but add elements that fit your personality so it''s never quite following a trend or similar.

i am kind of bored with my setting but i don''t feel that it looks or will look ''dated'' or like it was from one year specifically. sure it''s eternity melee, but it isn''t overkill with the pave or filigree or whatever, it''s kind of straightforward but yet still has simple elements to it. the funniest part is that i liked it before eternity was even really popular!
This is such good advice...why couldnt'' you have been around 7 years ago when I needed to hear this LOL. That''s why I chose a solataire setting for my RB...knew that it would be timeless and classic yet never out of style
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
On the other hand (rhr?), if you wait long enough, whatever you pick will come back into fashion, as long as it was beautiful the first time around.

Of course, then it will go out of fashion again.

But eventually it will be a prized antique.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 10:48:44 PM
Author: Sophie
heck, I say have one in all styles, that way you are always covered!! haahhaa
I''m with Sophie, just get one in every style, ha ha ha!

But yeah, hopefully small classic rings will come into fashion...then, my gf''s <1ct solitaire will be the talk of the town!!!
31.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 11:10:47 PM
Author: Matatora
I think ring styles need to be turned over every 3-5 years the way color of metal needs to be changed every 10-15 years. Designers need to be able to sell B&M jewelers new settings and so they need to change up what is “in” otherwise they would see a reduction in their business. JMO.
I totally agree, Matatora. It''s all about money!!!
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 12:55:21 AM
Author: Wren
I don't suppose small classic solitaires will ever be in style?

Does 'style' (i.e. fashion) have anything to do with these? Maybe if you count fashion trends a century at a time - the 'Tiffany' thing started around 1900 if I am not mistaking. Wonder how things worked before, right
2.gif
To me, that's a significant piece of jewelry that is expected to look a certain way
12.gif
- like wedding bands: a little tweak and twist here and there if the wearer might care about, that no one else can see from a socially acceptable distance.

On the other hand,
...wonder if this is not the favorite style of diamond sellers more than anything - most diamonds are not that large, and if the ring is not supposed to be more than 'diamond hanger', more gets spent on the rocks and all the costly fuss about providing added attraction is more or less irrelevant. In short, long live diamond 'drop-shipping'
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results