shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Spins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carbon lover

Rough_Rock
I''m hoping someone can help. This web site seems to have all the answers.

My ring fits well, it hardly spins when I wear it. My jeweler suggested I go snug when he sized it. The problem is I need soap and water to take it off and get it over my knuckle. If I size it up the diamond will spin around.

Help! What do I do?

rolleyes.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What exactly is the problem? Do you not like that it is so hard to take off?

What size is it now? Maybe you could size it up 1/4 of a size? (e.g. 6 to 6.25) That should give you a little more room and it shouldn't spin with that little of a change? My knuckles are a little big and so my ring spins a little but the stone hits my hand and never lets it actually TURN. Personally I like the spin, its fun to play with. Also it reminds me that it is there. The fact that it is a little harder to get off for me too is another plus, I won't easily lose it or play with it like I do other rings.

I'm actually a little concerned as come summer when its warm, my ring may be tighter...and I don't like tight things. I take my ring off when I go to bed as my fingers swell slightly at night, which bothers me when the ring is on!! Very minimal things, but details count.

I would have it resized 1/4 of a size and then see what you think.

rhodelc

Rough_Rock
Same problem here. My ring size is 5 and it still swings around a little, but getting it over my knuckle requires soap and water. Currently my knuckle is swollen because I'm paranoid of wearing my ring in the shower, so I'm constantly removing it. I have another ring that is about 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 and it drives me crazy because it's too loose. Not sure what the solution would be, but for now be careful so you don't end up with a swollen finger.

Lynn
1.gif

twinkly

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I've heard of friends getting little rolling balls put into the shank of the ring. This supposedly helps when you slide the ring off. Another option is getting your ring remade to open up like a bangle (not sure what that's called), but I hear that's expensive and not a whole lot of places do that.

1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Definetly size up a bit. . .not only will summer heat make your fingers swell up (as Mara mentioned) but if, and when you decide to become pregnant, your fingers will also swell, and also when you add your wedding band, it changes the fit of your eng. ring. I wasn't even able to wear my rings during my first pregnancy because they were so tight and uncomfortable!

Michelle

carbon lover

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for answering. My knuckle was starting to bother me from taking it on and off.
Today I had it sized by 1/4 size and it does spin a little.

One person suggested wearing it all the time; cooking, hair, etc. and only taking it off for cleaning every six months. I just don't think I could put up with the junk it would collect and the lack of life as a result.
Does else out there do that?

Anyway, I'm going to give the larger size at a shot.

appl.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Ladies,
You all seem to have a common problem with many people.
Your knuckle is larger than where your ring is supposed to be worn. One of the problems is that it usually gets worse as you age.
If the size difference is not to great, I would recommend
"speed bumps" on the inside of your shank. Those are two raised but smooth bumps soldered inside of the shank of your ring. This process usually costs about $20.
If the size difference is greater than this, you will need something like a FingerFit shank. These are very expensive but they work very well.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same exact problem, I need a larger size to get the ring over my knuckle, but once it's on, it spins around. Like Mara, I kind of like knowing that it's there and I never let it spin all the way around, but at the same time, it is kind of annoying having to keep my fingers together all the time. I solved the problem by going from a size 5.5 (my "knuckle size") to a size 5.25. The ring still spins though, so I bought these plastic ring snuggies from Claire's and put it on my ring once it's over my knuckle.
They are clear plastic and come in packs of 4 with different sizes. One is usually too big, so I cut it in half. It solves the problem and even though it's a temporary fix, I like it because unlike the metal balls that a few people suggested, you can always take it off your ring if you swell up and it doesn't leave a permanent mark on your band.
Plus it protects your band from scratches, etc. And it's cheap, $3 I think.
Also, I have a Vatche band, so I believe that if I had a jeweler put the metal balls into my ring it would automatically void my lifetime warranty.
Good Luck!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
carbon lover,

I've gone more than six months w/out cleaning my ring (I had other priorities like a newborn and a toddler to take care of
1.gif
, and my diamond looked HORRIBLE. In fact when the jeweler tried to clean it, he couldn't get all the junk off of it in his ultrasonic cleaner and so I had to reclean it at home w/water & amnonia and a soft tooth brush. I was shocked, literally, at how gorgeous my stone actually was when clean! lol - it was like getting a whole new stone. . .so now I clean it every few days. . .so no, I wouldn't support that recommendation that you just clean it every six months!

Michelle

carbon lover

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for your help. Sizing up is much more comfortable. I took Kayla's advice and got Claire's Snuggy and the ring no longer spins!

Using my left hand has never been more fun!

wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I clean my ring every other day, but sometimes daily. It would bother me if it got dirty and I couldn't see what it really looked like. Sometimes the pav gets cloudy with a 'film', maybe from soap etc and I figure...why do I have this beautiful stone if I am not going to care for it? It takes me 30 seconds each morning with a baby toothbrush and windex and warm water, so I do it after I brush my teeth.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results