shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size question (s)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Could someone tell me what the size is that is between 5 and 5 1/2.

Also is it possible to have a eternity band resized. I''m guessing no.

Thanks bunches
wavey.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Ummmm, 5 and a quarter, I should think....

I had a jeweler tell me yesterday it was not possible to size an eternity rings with diamonds the whole way around.

Goldenringlets

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
it is easier and safer to make a ring with diamonds all around 1 diamond bigger.
Smaller is very dangerous and difficult.

We use a differnt system in Australia - A to Z.

Anyway 1 USA size = 2 letter sizes, and we regularly size rings to 1/4 sizes which = USA 1/8th.

A 2.5mm diamond adds around 1 of your sizes to a ring.

You can always resize the back of a band. in worst case scenarios the ring may be made slightly oval if the head is too fragile to bend round.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are many sizes between 5 1/2 and 5. We use 5 full,
and 5 1/2 scant in addition to 5 1/4.

You can size an eternity ring smaller by adding a little material inside the ring to decrease the size a tad without cutting any material out. This works with diamonds eternity rings and does not create a damage issue. It is not beautiful, but no one sees the inside of a ring when it is being worn. It is only a very small amount of metal to alter the ring size by 1/4.

Making an eternity ring larger can be the addition of a diamond or a blank element worn on the bottom of the finger. You can sometimes mask the added metal, but an eagle eye can usually spot it. On a few rings when a small amount of size up is needed, a jewelry will ream out a bit of material and make the ring larger. Again, not elegant, but a practical solution that is invisible when the ring is being worn. It does thin the ring a little which is not desireable. I rarely would recommend that solution and only on an old ring, not a new one.

For enough $$ one can accomplish nearly the impossible when it comes to ring sizing. It is more a matter of what it is worth to YOU to accomplish the alteration. I have seen people with a budget problem wear a band-aid on a ring for years rather than size it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results