shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size of 2.5 question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darthhen

Rough_Rock
Hi,

This is my first post..... :)

I''m interested in a Scott Kay setting for my girlfriend which has a ring size of 2.5. My local retail store told me the price is $1350.00. The one they have in the show room has a price tag of $900.00. The sales person I''m working with claims that the reason why the price has increased instead of decreased is because Scott Kay told him that they had to make a new mold for the 2.5 ring size. The amount of platinum would be significantly less in a 2.5 ring size. Even if Scott Kay does have to make a new mold, the cost of it should not be passed on to the consumer. I''m not asking to keep the mold after the ring is completed, I just want the ring. Does this sound right? Or am I being taken for a ride????

Thanks for any information.

-HJ

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
2.5 for a ring size seems super tiny, I've never heard of that. Your girlfriend must be tiny.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please wait until your girlfriend grows up just a bit more. She must be way too young to be thinking of marraige.
1.gif
1.gif
Just kidding.

While I can understand the ring may need some re-engineering to accomodate that small a finger, I have never heard of a ring wholesaler charging more to make a small size ring modification...

Please give a photo or a link to the design, so I can see why this might be the rarest of exceptions... Something sure does not sound totally right. But without being sure, it would be too soon to come to a final conclusion.

darthhen

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Here's the picture scanned in from Scott Kay's brochure. The model number is M0655RD10PP. Scott Kay's website doesn't show this ring for some reason, unless I'm looking at the wrong place.

Thanks.

ScottKay_Solitaire_M0655RD10PP_.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow 2.5 is like a little doll!

If they have to completely re-make the ring, it would be a custom job and that probably would cost more than the typical setting in the store. If they can modify the existing setting by removing metal then it should be cheaper. But if they have to make a custom 2.5 size ring, I could see why it would be $1300 vs $900.

I'd get more information though, and see if you can have a ring custom made elsewhere for cheaper! If you are just talking a basic setting, having it done by someone other than the designer company could save you some $$ with a replica.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results