shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size confusion, please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kingfish

Rough_Rock
My partner''s left hand ring size is an L Australian, and I''ve purchased a ring measured in the US ring size system (at 5.5). I''m confused as to what the measurements of the L ring is (which lead me to the 5.5 conversion). I''ve done some reasearch and I''ve obtained conflicting information:

Websites A Websites B
diameter inches 0.634 64.2
diameter mm 16.1 16.3
circum mm 50.3 51.2

Some websites say the L equivalent is a 5.5 and others a 5.75. I''m not sure if I need to send the ring back to be resized. Can you offer any advice? I do know that she doesn''t fit in a K 1/2.

I know I should probably have bought a 5.75 (its better to have it bigger), but I''ve already gotten a 5.5 and I''m wondering if it should do or it just won''t fit.

I''d prefer not to have to get it resized if I don''t need to. Can someone please offer some insight to this confused guy
33.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I say you go by the diameters in mm for an Australian L and ask the vendor to tell you what size it is.

kat6

Rough_Rock
I was measured as a K 1/2, which I was told was the equivalent of a US 5 1/2.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, if you can measure the diameter of a ring that fits (using a piece of paper) then check with the vendor.

kingfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, I will check with the store tomorrow, to obtain the mm sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results