shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm getting closer to buying the right stone, and I'm now also thinking about the setting. I'm going for a brilliant round ideal cut (probably Whiteflash's A Cut Above) stone, and I want to find the perfect solitaire setting to put it in. I want something simple, stylish and elegant that will show off the stone to the max.

I was wondering if anyone knows any websites that just give examples of setting styles to give me some starter points to find what I'm looking for (in terms of the style / shape of the setting, not to actually purchase the ring). A site which also gives the "industry standard" names for the styles would be useful (as then I can more easily communicate what I want when I have the stone set).

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm probably going with white gold for the ring. I've asked Lesley from Whiteflash (who has been wonderful so far) to email me photos of their white gold ring setting selections, but I'm also keen to see what else is out there.

Thanks in advance,

Claude

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash.Com has an excellent range of settings for solitaires..one of the best I have seen online. Also run a search on a Google or similar for 'solitaire engagement setting' or similar ('solitaire setting' will probably work as well). I would venture to say that much of what I have seen is platinum rather than WG but you could probably find a pretty decent selection of pictures to get an idea of what you want. Also from what I have seen, when it comes to solitaire, the most popular setting is the Tiffany style, whether its 4 prongs or 6. This can encompass a wide range as many co's label their solitaires 'Tiffany style' but don't say too much about height of the head, width of the band, etc. Also check out Vatche's rings (which Whiteflash has..but I don't know if they come in WG) as they have many solitaire styles, the Royal Crown and X-Prong being two of the more popular.

Hope this helps somewhat..good luck!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Claude, scroll up the page till you see "vendors" it's just below the word "forum". There's 3 pages of vendors sites you can browse and if they have the ring icon odds are they'll have settings to look at. Good luck :read:

rng.gif

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara - I've had a look at the Whiteflash rings but there wasn't mention of white gold. Lesley there has now emailed me some extra shots of their white gold selections. Will try also try some more searches on Google and see what comes up.

Thanks tonysgeko - I will have another look through the vendor's sites for white gold solitaires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results