shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring resizing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Can a size 10 ring be resized to a size 5 1/2. It is a marquise shape centerstone with three small round stones on each side. What is the average size to size capability.

Thanks.
wavey.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

It really depends on how well made the mounting is. If it is a casting, then it could very easily create some serious problems. I am assuming this is a woman's ring and was probably sized up to a ten at some point in time. A talented goldsmith can usually tackle a job like that. It just requires a bit more work and reinforcement in some cases. The side stones could possibly loosen up and even fall out from bringing the ring in but these could be reset and the mounting reworked if necessary.
Cindy

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello,

Cindy is completely correct in this. That job is not for a newbe with a blowtorch. Make sure the person doing the job is very experienced.
You might consider having a new ring made for your diamonds.
Good Luck.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Yes its a womans ring. I will let my friend know it is best for him to just have the stones put into a new ring. Thanks
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results