shape
carat
color
clarity

ring resizing in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waterproof

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I need to get an engagement ring resized in NYC (Manhattan). It''s probably about a 1/2 size to big. Anyway, I need a place that I can trust.

My questions:
Can anyone recommend a place? (am I paranoid?)
How much should this cost? (Platinum ring)

Thanks all
1.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
I''d imagine in the district it should cost between $10 - $25

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/13/2007 9:23:53 PM
Author:waterproof
Hi all,

I need to get an engagement ring resized in NYC (Manhattan). It''s probably about a 1/2 size to big. Anyway, I need a place that I can trust.

My questions:
Can anyone recommend a place? (am I paranoid?)
How much should this cost? (Platinum ring)

Thanks all
1.gif
Depends what kind or ring, what setting etc, etc...
Some rings are extremelly hard to size because of the type of stones set and their different settings....
Cost vary from less expensive to highly expensive..., depends who does it....

Take into consideration that platinum is tricky and make sure whoever touches your ring has experience!!!

Good luck

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I had my ring sized and it was soldered and not laser-welded and the sizing seam broke after about a year. So I took my ring to the guy where we bought our w-bands and he had the ring laser-welded, by someone in/around the diamond district.
I would contact some of the NYC area PScope vendors and see if anyone could laser-weld re-size it for you.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Platinum rings are best welded, but gold rings are very happily sized by soldering. A poorly done solder or weld can open up, but when done right, they are very strong and pose no problem, ever. You do not have to tell a proper jeweler how to size a ring. It should be invisible when it is done and after that no maintanance ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results