shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring resize -- before and after. What''s normal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newtonian

Rough_Rock
I brought my platinum trellis-setting ring in for resizing recently (downsize from a 5.5 to a 4.5), and now am wondering if what I got back is typical -- The underside of the ring (near the palm) is not uniformly round. Directly across from the diamond the band curves into a very slight hourglass shape (i.e. the top and bottom of the band curves in slightly.) The band is also thinner in the back than it is towards the diamond. I'm wondering if this ring shape is normal? Do wider, thicker bands usually curve to a narrower shape in the back? Is it supposed to be a comfort thing? It's sorta driving me crazy, because it's an otherwise perfect ring. There's a 90-day return policy on it, and if this look is a result of a screwy resize I'm considering switching out to an unaltered setting. Am I making an issue out of nothing?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Newt. Sounds like the band was thinned out a bit too much when it was sized. You bought a ring which was whole and proper. Now it's not, and it's bugging the daylights outta you.

You shouldn't have to pay money for that kind of aggravation. I would take it back, tell them it's driving you crazy, and you want a ring like you originally paid for. Be polite but firm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results