shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring remodel questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My mom gave me her YG wedding band and I''ve been playing around with a couple of ideas for it. First of all, it needs sized up a little bit for me. Other than that, my two favorite ideas are 1. have it taken from a polished finish to a brushed finish (like wallermama''s rings), keeping it YG. My number two idea is my favorite but I''m not sure it can be done: can YG be rhodium plated? And can diamonds be set/burnished into an existing plain band? My idea is inspired by the Tiffany etoile ring. Thanks in advance!

tiffanyetoileband111.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I think creating an etoile style ring out of a plain band is a terrific idea. I do know that you can rhodium plate yellow gold because I had it done with an opal ring of mine and it looks fantastic. As for burnishing the diamonds in the band you would probably need to check with a jeweler but it seems like there was someone here on pricescope who did that recently. Good luck with your remodel and come back with pictures!

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
As long as the band is thick enough, diamonds can be burnished into it. Try to get the size right first.

I wouldn''t recommend rhodium, as the plating is not very thick and will wear off.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ideas! Don''t know about burishing stones in. But YG can be plated. I had a necklace I fell in love with in the store (they had it in WG also, but stones were different, anyway...) and they plated it for me. I haven''t had any problems with it, and it turned out great!! Because it''s a ring though, you might have to have it done more than once in it''s lifetime. I''ve had my necklace for about 3 years with no problems so far, but I don''t wear it everyday (I do wear it frequently though). If you don''t care if it''s YG or WG it would be less maintenance to leave it YG I''m sure.

Don''t forget to post pictures for us to see!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results