shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring remake? Please help an Aussie decide

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, i have a question ? I have bought a beautiful OEC diamond on Etsy from a lady in the United States. It is set in quite a modern setting. I would like to get it set in something like the Tacori 2620. Should I get it sent to someone who could do this instead of getting it sent to Australia? When they send the finished project to me what would the customs $ be? The original price plus the new price or just the cost of the ring? What about the value of ths diamond. I paid around $6500us for it.
Then who would you suggest I ask if they would make the new ring dor me? Hopefully someone has done this sort of thing before so can give me some guidance. Thanks very much Shelley :wavey:

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Would really like some advice on this please

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Need advice please??

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Need advice please??

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Hi Canukgal thanks for answering. My diamond i am purchasing is actually in USA so i was going to get it sent to whoever that was going to make the setting. So really what i was after was recommendations for a jeweller who could make the Tacori like ring. Who would be the best to reach out to?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brilliantly Engaged has made some of the nicest "inspired by Tacori" settings I've seen.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really haven't seen any custom rings that have successfully duplicated the intricate detail used in the Tacori settings, particularly the pierced bands. I suspect it's because people who get quotes for that style find it's no less expensive than getting a Tacori. If you're looking for just some of the style elements, that might be a different matter.

As for the duties etc. question, there are some Aussies on the board and that question has been addressed before. Here are some threads you might find useful.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/from-australia-but-want-to-buy-diamond-from-usa.195900/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fedex-duties-and-taxes-for-ja-ring-resize.188726/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/australian-wanting-advice.124584/

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy i was hoping you would post. I have sent an email to BE so waiting on a reply from them. Do you know if there is anyone on here that might have pics online of their ring for me to take a look at.

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Thankyou VR Beauty I have read those posts and they were informative. Still not sure of my situation though were diamond was purchased separately from having ring made, how they calculate the total amount that goes on the customs forms after the ring is made.? Anyone know about that please.?

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Shelley9 said:
Thankyou VR Beauty I have read those posts and they were informative. Still not sure of my situation though were diamond was purchased separately from having ring made, how they calculate the total amount that goes on the customs forms after the ring is made.? Anyone know about that please.?
I think you should let your vendor worry about that. They would have the knowledge and expertise to do this properly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Shelley! Any update??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results