shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring redo

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, I've been doing my research on getting my ring redone and have learned a lot from this website so far. I have a round diamond that's 1.7 carats. I love Blake Lively''s ring, but hers is an oval (and probably huge). Does anyone have any opinions of whether or not this will work? My ring is too chunky, I'm looking for a designer that works very delicate and can use small stones. I appreciate all your help in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are speaking of having a setting made exactly like hers, I wouldn't recommend it. She likely will have trouble with it because of the pave shank being super thin. These can easily go out of shape and lose stones. A master pave ring maker here, Victor Canera, recommends no narrower than 1.8mm. I'd recommend looking at some of the rings on his website, and there are plenty posted here on the Show Me the Bling forum. Steven Kirsch is another who specializes in pave rings. You can get an idea of the width he usually makes these and see if it looks like what you are wanting. You certainly can have a beautiful set with a 1.7 ct diamond in this style setting.

http://www.victorcanera.com/

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-evelyn-with-flush-stems-bgb.203805/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-evelyn-with-flush-stems-bgb.203805/[/URL]

StaceyCA

Rough_Rock
You can definitely pull off a beautiful delicate ring. I had my engagement ring completely reset and and it looks so amazing. Mine was about the same stone and I did it with tiny stones around it. I used Maytah Hannah. She was amazing. She also did an amazing ruby setting for me and created this incredible ring after I described the feeling of what I wanted the ring to represent. My brother had her do an engagement ring for him as well and he's across the country. She is great to work with and had does all the jewelry. What that means is that most jewelers use molds but her pieces are done by hand. It's such a difference in quality. Definitely worth contacting her. I sware you will love working with her. And I'm picky. Good luck and keep us posted.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have an photos of rings you had made by one of the recommended jewelers or any others? I heard 1.5 mm is ok if it's handmade and not cast, is that not a good idea? Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) w such a thin band? I love rose hold but heard it is brittle? Any advise is appreciated.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How hard are you on your rings? And what's your ring size?

Charmypoo has some very delicate pave rings that she's had no trouble with, but I believe she's stated that she's relatively easy on her rings and her ring size is very small (shorter length of shank acting as an effective lever to torque means more sturdy, given the same material and cross-section shape and area).

I've heard RG is brittle as well, but whether or not that's a practical consideration... I don't know. I haven't experienced any sort of damage to any of my rings but I'm very easy on jewellery in general.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/are-rings-too-thin-these-days.155780/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/are-rings-too-thin-these-days.155780/page-4[/URL]

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's been a while, I'm still not sure if the rose gold thin band is the way to go, but I'm really leaning towards that. I am going to see Maytal Hannah thus week in person and see what she has to say. She has been so helpful over emails this far, I'm getting excited, please post any photos or feedback that you might have regarding Maytal and her deigns. Thanks

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
All these rings are about 1.5 mm wide. I have worn my Steven Kirsch band on a daily basis for the past 3 years and it's fine! The band is worn sitting flush against my e-ring.

Top to Bottom: Leon Mege, Maytal Hannah, Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch
CharmyPoo%20-%204Rings5.jpg

Top to Bottom: Leon Mege, Leon Mege, Maytal Hannah, Steven Kirsch
CharmyPoo%20-%204Rings4.jpg

CharmyPoo%20-%204Rings3.jpg

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got my ring back from Maytal Hannah! I love it! I ended up going with rose gold and a 1.5 mm shank. It is so delicate and dainty, yet it feels strong. It shows off my diamond unlike my old ring, I can't believe it's the same Diamond. Here are some before and after shots. I'll try to get some better ones later. Thanks for all the help

_25328.jpg

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is the before pic, like the new one much better!

_25330.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful redo!

What wedding band will you pair with your new ring?

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm probably going to get a band that matches exactly, 1.5 mm band with diamonds going all the way around. But not for a little while. Going to wear it on its own for now :)

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is another pic

_25331.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
The rose gold is delicious. Enjoy!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Very impressive work done by Maytal!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's another pic of my ring! Could not be happier with the outcome :)

_25528.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out so beautifully donna! Maytal did an outstanding job and it looks fantastic on you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I can't get over how delicate looking it is. You must be thrilled with how out it turned out. It's stunning!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring :love: Loving the rose gold & the shank is perfection!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you :) Yes she really did an amazing job!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, so delicate, love the rose gold. :appl: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great makeover!

You should have the old one made into a new eternity band!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring and so much prettier now its redone. The rose gold really suits you too.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely reset!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your re-set turned out beautifully and I love the rose gold. It looks great with your skin tone. Congratulations!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your reset turned out beautifully :appl:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! I can see why you're so happy with the reset. Congratulations!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset. So delicate and it really showcases your ER diamond. GORGEOUS.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous Donna, looks stunning.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much everyone. I wear my Maytal ring everyday, and feel like it is perfectly strong, even tough it is only 1.5mm. I highly recommend her. Here are another couple pics that I took, Maytal also sent me some professional pics that I will post as well.

_25963.jpg

_25964.jpg

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to post professional photos of my ring..Im LOVING IT :) image_3018.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results