shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring redesign questions

Brooklyn123

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping I can get a bit of insight about a setting that I really like.
My ring is a 1.5 round brilliant set in a Tiffany Novo-like setting. I love the ring but I didn't pick it out and I am interesting in "bumping it up" just a bit. I have always really liked halos and came across this ring that I really like in my search:

http://www.momentville.com/wedding/pictures/wK6GrZPE

I can't seem to trace it back to a website or dealer and all my searches lead me to either round halos with no side stones or round halos with round side stones. Here are my questions for all of you (the experts)!

1. Can you refer me to a site or seller that has a comparable setting with size/cost information? Or is this going to be a custom made request?
2. Do you think that putting halos on the side stones makes it too much? Since my center stone is only 1.5 will it detract too much-are the side stones better left alone?

I live in the NYC area so there are a lot of options available to me but I really wouldn't even know where to begin. :confused:

Thanks so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will almost have to be custom. Try Steven Kirsch in NYC. He's made several rings here recently and does a beautiful job with pave.

http://www.timelessluxury.net/

A 1.5 center and sidestones all with halos will be a fairly large and blingy ring. What size is your finger? I have a 1.63 and I am not sure it would fit on my 5.5 finger with a halo and haloed side stones.

Brooklyn123

Rough_Rock
I have a size 6 finger- I think I agree with you that it might be a bit too much. I know for sure that I want a halo but I'm on the fence about side stones - even without halos I might prefer just the solitaire with halo... I guess I'll have to go and try some things on to get a better idea. Thank you for the recommendation for Steven Kirsch, I'll check him out. :twirl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Based on recent reviews here, I'd recommend Steven too, especially since his is local for you! So much easier to be able to just meet with him in person and discuss your ideas and see what he can come up with.

I love Frankie's ring that DS posted!!!

Brooklyn123

Rough_Rock
WOW Frankie's ring is gorgeous!

I looked around some more for just a halo setting and it seems that if I were to find one pre-made it is going to run around 2500 so I would prefer to pay a bit more to get it custom set. I really do think there is a big difference in how the final product looks.

My only other question..is pave super delicate? I am not a rough person and I don't wear my e-ring when I am exercising or at home so I don't really worry about it snagging but would that be something I would need to be concerned with if I got a pave halo?

I actually got a quote from Mege about a month ago so I am very curious to see where Steven falls in terms of price for a similar work request. I am going to give him a call on Tuesday and see if I can set up an appointment. Thank you so much for the referral.
I'll report back with any progress I make!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori makes a similar ring - this style without halos on the sidestones but I'm sure that style is available too. Their halos are micropave so the stones probably wouldn't be as large as the ring you are referring too and Tacori is pricy - this just throws out another alternative = http://www.tacori.com/Engagement-Rings/Collections/Dantela - click on three stone rings from their website.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brooklyn123|1306672526|2933039 said:
WOW Frankie's ring is gorgeous!

I looked around some more for just a halo setting and it seems that if I were to find one pre-made it is going to run around 2500 so I would prefer to pay a bit more to get it custom set. I really do think there is a big difference in how the final product looks.

My only other question..is pave super delicate? I am not a rough person and I don't wear my e-ring when I am exercising or at home so I don't really worry about it snagging but would that be something I would need to be concerned with if I got a pave halo?

I actually got a quote from Mege about a month ago so I am very curious to see where Steven falls in terms of price for a similar work request. I am going to give him a call on Tuesday and see if I can set up an appointment. Thank you so much for the referral.
I'll report back with any progress I make!

I do agree that there is a difference in the final product when you are looking at a ring made by Steven or Victor or someone similar.

Pave is delicate and does have to be babied. However, if you know this going in and care for it properly you should have very few problems, if any. There is always the potential for a tiny stone to come out and it's easy enough and inexpensive to replace. Especially if you end up going with Steven or Leon who are local and can do it without the hassle of shipping etc.

Please keep us posting on your progress! So exciting!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results