shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GRAFH

Rough_Rock
I really like this ring, where would i get the most bang for the buck? Online or locally in Chicago. Basically the best quality for the buck. Please advise, i would like actual websites or local vendors

click here

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I think Whiteflash would do an excellent job for you.

GRAFH

Rough_Rock
I wasn't impressed with there website. As far as seeing what you are actually getting etc...

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
If you go to the SMTR board, there are plenty of people who have had custom jobs done by them and they turned out fantastic. Since it is such a classic and simple design, you might be able to find the setting seperate than the diamond and end up saving yourself some money. From what I understand Chicago has a great diamond district and vendors. If you use the PS vendor locator, it can put you in touch with someone locally.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to go local Goldin Jewelers on Michigan Ave is a good place to look. I paid them a visit a couple weeks ago and their prices were extremely competitive with PS vendors. They weren''t majorly over-priced and had beautiful GIA ideal cut stones and high quality settings.
They also do custom work.

They don''t have a big store-front. But their space is very impressive - very modern and upscale. It''s up on the 3rd floor off Michigan Ave, and is by appointment. They don''t have glass jewelry cases filled with rings, but they bring stuff to you based on what you''re looking for.
Their customer service was excellent and not pushy in the least bit.
And I have to mention again - the prices were extremely competitive!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:26:24 PM
Author:GRAFH
I really like this ring, where would i get the most bang for the buck? Online or locally in Chicago. Basically the best quality for the buck. Please advise, i would like actual websites or local vendors

click here

I would go with other PSers on this, who would say take a look at Whiteflash, GOG and JA.

If you want to get the ring made locally and really don''t want to buy online, try Steve Quick Jewelers in Lincoln Park (it''s on Roslyn and clark). I haven''t bought diamonds from them (I go there to get my colored stone rings set) but I''ve been pretty impressed with their range and quality (though I would still go online - WF or GOG - over them)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:47:44 PM
Author: GRAFH
I wasn''t impressed with there website. As far as seeing what you are actually getting etc...

Their site may not show you what they''re all about BUT their reputation is great. I had my e-ring custom made by Whiteflash and was very happy. The quality of the stones, the quality of the craftsmanship were all excellent. Their prices are great too. You won''t be disappointed with them. Good luck

GRAFH

Rough_Rock
https://www.jamesallen.com/shop_bag.asp?cid=57&ringsize=5

I like this one, what would this run @ whiteflash? Also i like all the documentation from james allen. Does wf provide the same?

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
WF, GOG, and JA are all good options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results