shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Re-Design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JC8811

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

so I am reconsidering re-setting my three stone diamond ring and have a few ideas, but need some feedback. Right now, its a 2.11 RB center with .43ct on either side. Simple three stone setting in plat, with the center in 4 prongs and the sides 3 prongs. Unfortunately the original setter set the sides a little too far under the center, that it almost looks like pear shaped diamonds on the side...there just isn''t enough definition of the three individual diamonds.

So...would you consider resetting:

1. in a more defined, three stone setting with claw prongs (simple)
2. Ritani endless love style (will this make the ring look too big)
3. three stone with melee, no halos, and the melee diamonds set in prongs rather than bead set (too much bling?)

Please help before I do this!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Just my opinion, but you have a pretty good sized center stone so I would go with the first option. I think that would really set off your diamonds without being too over the top.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jencho.

Settings are a very personal thing, so it really depends on what YOU prefer. Was the ring set a long time ago, or could you go back to the jeweler and just ask for an adjustment? Your center stone sounds huge (!) and if your fingers are small, you don''t want the three stone together to be wider than your finger. Does that make sense?

You may want to peruse different settings to see what looks good on your hand. It''s great to look at pictures of settings, but you might get your answer from trying some different things on. It may also be beneficial to consult with a jewelry designer if you feel you want to understand the aesthetics.

Do you have any pictures of your ring that you could post? It may help to get some feedback.

JC8811

Rough_Rock
Sometimes I look adoringly at micro pave settings (a la Leon Mege) and I think that I want that. But then I wonder if that would be too much, and that the solitaires would get lost. I wish I could take a pic of my current ring, but my digital is so poor that all my pics come out blurry! Ugh.

I am leaning more towards the simple claw prong, and I wish I could take it back to the original jeweler, but since he didn''t do a fantastic job the first time, I would rather just have the ring totally re-done. How about a full bezel three stone, where the three stones have a very thin halo of plat around it, low set? Would anyone have any pics of a ring like this?

I think this is something that would suit my tastes, but then again, I wonder how the diamonds would perform? I heard some people say that diamonds just don''t ''pop'' as much when they are in bezels...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jencho. Sorry to hear the first jeweler was so disappointing. You may want to peruse the Pearlmans site: www.pearlmansjewelers.com for some three stone setting ideas. They have a ton of designers, with settings in a range of styles - contemporary, antique, simple, ornate, etc. I have not ordered from them personally, but they are definitely a favorite on Pricescope.

How about half-bezels? Might allow a little more light into the stone. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results