carat
color
clarity

Ring prefs 2012!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1334719345|3173929 said:
Setting = I think Victor Canera is god. I'd put a halo on my hypothetical H&A and my light yellow. I'd go to SingleStone for my hypothetical OEC/tranny 5 carat warm colored diamond ;-) I like halos. I like filigree. I like intricate metal work. No side stones. Unless I get a hypothetical 4th ring. Then it'd be a huge honking emerald cut 3 stone.

O.M.G. talk about change of heart. I changed my mind again. All of a sudden, solitaires appeal to me. What's wrong with me!! I can't make up my mind!

darn PS and its plethora of beauties that make me change my mind every few days!

I went viewing with SO last weekend, and he has now hopped on board with the OEC-train. So now I at least have finalized a center stone shape!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1337062207|3195482 said:
madelise|1334719345|3173929 said:
Setting = I think Victor Canera is god. I'd put a halo on my hypothetical H&A and my light yellow. I'd go to SingleStone for my hypothetical OEC/tranny 5 carat warm colored diamond ;-) I like halos. I like filigree. I like intricate metal work. No side stones. Unless I get a hypothetical 4th ring. Then it'd be a huge honking emerald cut 3 stone.

O.M.G. talk about change of heart. I changed my mind again. All of a sudden, solitaires appeal to me. What's wrong with me!! I can't make up my mind!

darn PS and its plethora of beauties that make me change my mind every few days!

I went viewing with SO last weekend, and he has now hopped on board with the OEC-train. So now I at least have finalized a center stone shape!

How quickly things change! I feel the same, for my e ring i def want novo-style but i wouldn't mind having a nice solitaire RHR :naughty:

There are some GORGEOUS OEC's on this board!! Can't wait to see yours one day hehe! And can't wait to see Aud's pics too!!! :mrgreen:

audball

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! Join the OEC solitaire club!! :naughty: I endorse it!! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Aww man. I was so excited I thought one of the newbies bumped this with her prefs but it was spam :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1345747944|3256048 said:
Aww man. I was so excited I thought one of the newbies bumped this with her prefs but it was spam :(

well… how have your ring preferences changed since your last post? :wink2:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond (or other stone), size, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!
Yes, and no. I keep switching between a three stone setting, and just a classic solitaire. I like both, and have tried on both kinds. I'm most certainly set on a princess cut, and as far as metal goes, definitely white gold. Platinum would be nice, but it's not in M's budget. (And I use "budget" loosely, as I don't know what, or even if, his budget may be). As far as size goes, I'm not too picky. I have small fingers, so anything over 3 carats would probably look gawdy on me. (Or maybe not....)

2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?
He has an idea. Many moons ago, he told me to "start giving me ideas." Well, I had no clue myself, so that's when I went to mall stores to try rings on and get an idea of my faves. I try not to say much these days, as I keep changing my mind and I don't want to be vocal about my choice until I'm at least 99.9% sure of what I want. :tongue:

3) Will you/Did you go ring shopping with him?
I don't know if we'll go shopping together. If he brings it up, sure. But I have a feeling he's the type that will take into account what I want/like, and will go pick it out himself.

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is?
As I stated above, not a clue. Although we live together, we haven't comingled our finances. Until then, it's the "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" mentality. I'd like to think he's saving up, but he got me a pre-owned car three months ago, and HE is the one making monthly payments. There's still at least 5 grand left on it.......... so needless to say, I don't think there'll be a ring for a while. :blackeye: But, I love my car, and I'm appreciative of it! Don't get me wrong there!

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?
I honestly haven't given this one much thought, and haven't looked at any rings.

6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?
Again, haven't given it thought.
ETA- he's mentioned a few he likes, and pointed them out, but I honestly didn't pay attention at the time. Why? I can't remember. I've been having a difficult time with my job (first one out of college), and even a year later, it has destroyed me, mentally. My self-esteem is shot and I just don't pay attention to life anymore. I just go through the motions day in and day out. Next time, I'll pay attention to him.

7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.
I do NOT like yellow gold. It doesn't look good on me, and I've just never been a fan. Also, not a big fan of that rose gold or whatever it's called. I dunno. I guess I'm just a very simple girl that loves silver/white gold jewelry. I don't care for marquise (sp) or heart shapes, or halos. I don't know! My dislikes change just about as consistently as my likes! :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond (or other stone), size, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!
I love emerald cuts, and I am partial to the longer skinnier cuts, with a bit of warmth in the colour. I much prefer YG or RG, but I guess I'm somewhat open to WG or platinum. (Evidence: this AMAZING ring was linked to me by the lovely LJL http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...t-and/21742390_RrfBhz#!i=1733367699&k=W6cmNjx) I switch between wanting something 'chunky' - a 5 stone or similar, and delicate - a solitaire with the littlest band I could safely get away with. Indecision thy name is Chewbacca!

2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?
I haven't narrowed it down to give him a firm idea. I am one of those weird types (for around here!) who will likely be having a ringless proposal. SO really wants a surprise out of the clear blue type proposal (which I am into!), but isn't game enough to buy a ring for perhaps the most choosy person in the entire world (me!). I think we all win in this situation!

3) Will you/Did you go ring shopping with him?
If he proposes with one? No. If he proposes without one? Yes!

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is?
I could probably hazard a guess!

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?
OK, here is why perhaps I am finding the ering part so tricky - I have already decided on a wedding band! Its a showy YG affair, with.. stuff on it. I will spare you all a look at it, ha ha, mostly to spare my feelings! :tongue: I dream of wearing it with an eternity band on either side, so perhaps there will be no room for an ER, since I have such small hands! Backup favourite would be a YG pipe-cut wedding band that is quite 'high' if you know what I mean.

6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?
Just this past weekend we googled tattooed wedding bands - he was put right off the idea! It was an idea born from wanting to be comfortable. They just don't seem to sit right, do any of you PSers have any experience with them?? Otherwise, he likes a band that is similar to the showy one mentioned above, or else a band with some kind of pattern to it. (Like this: http://www.jlingnau.com/node/288) He is a YG kind of guy.

7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.
There are a zillion styles that I would not choose to wear, but I don't dislike them per say! As for actual not-liking and look-at-with-sadface, like most of you: illusion settings. Very very no.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1345751101|3256082 said:
well… how have your ring preferences changed since your last post? :wink2:

hehe well actually not that much...it has only been a couple months, gimme some sense of consistency!! :wacko: currently, I have decided now that I want the tacori 2638 (like I said earlier) but with more delicate prongs...probs modified to split/double claw if possible. I love the AVC (sucker for great numbers and optics!) so I think that has narrowed down the cut search at least!

As for the boy, we have talked more and even stopped in a Tiffany's and he pretty much wants nothing to do with the ring process. Which is awesome because that means I just have to do all the work (which I was expecting to anyway, let's be honest) and I get what I want! :naughty: :mrgreen: He made fun of me for trying to skirt the topic and ask him what he liked and stuff because he was like "well I'm not wearing it, why should I care?" and also because otherwise I would want to get exactly what I want without telling him specifically, which I now realize is impossible!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Our ring is already complete and is *the ring* I'd always dreamed of (post PS anyway!). I utterly adore it. The stone is gorgeous though not as large as we'd have liked to buy. We were conservative and spent less money which was what I was more comfortable with.

The ring has been completed since May. I don't know if it's the anxiousness of waiting or what, but lately I've been wondering if I chose the right setting. I (99% of the time) despise halos (for me!), but I've actually been wondering if I should have looked harder to find one I liked since it would have enhanced the sparkle and size.

Too late now. Ultimately I think I made the right choice. I honestly don't love halos and may have regretted choosing one just to enhance the size. I think I'm just anxious about the wait! I'm SO ready.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1346013029|3257466 said:
Our ring is already complete and is *the ring* I'd always dreamed of (post PS anyway!). I utterly adore it. The stone is gorgeous though not as large as we'd have liked to buy. We were conservative and spent less money which was what I was more comfortable with.

The ring has been completed since May. I don't know if it's the anxiousness of waiting or what, but lately I've been wondering if I chose the right setting. I (99% of the time) despise halos (for me!), but I've actually been wondering if I should have looked harder to find one I liked since it would have enhanced the sparkle and size.

Too late now. Ultimately I think I made the right choice. I honestly don't love halos and may have regretted choosing one just to enhance the size. I think I'm just anxious about the wait! I'm SO ready.

nooooo I think your setting is so perfect and very *you* from what I know about you!!! ;-) I think the long wait is just making you antsy hehe. don't second guess it though, it's absolutely gorgeous!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1346014492|3257488 said:
nooooo I think your setting is so perfect and very *you* from what I know about you!!! ;-) I think the long wait is just making you antsy hehe. don't second guess it though, it's absolutely gorgeous!!
Aww, thanks panadabee. That's reassuring. I know it's gorgeous and I really do love it. I think it wouldn't have even been a fleeting thought if it were already on my finger! I'm just getting so antsy!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1346013029|3257466 said:

I totally feel the same as you about my ring! I purposely searched high & low for my dream ring that was sans halo. But seeing these beauties on PS all the time sometime make me wonder that maybe I should've looked for one, too. But, I also think I made the right choice for me, and think once we have our rings on our fingers, all traces of doubt will vanish!

audball

Ideal_Rock
CaprineSun|1346116517|3258236 said:
I totally feel the same as you about my ring! I purposely searched high & low for my dream ring that was sans halo. But seeing these beauties on PS all the time sometime make me wonder that maybe I should've looked for one, too. But, I also think I made the right choice for me, and think once we have our rings on our fingers, all traces of doubt will vanish!
Thanks CS. I know in my heart of hearts that I just don't prefer halos for me so I know I didn't choose wrong. I really love the smooth, sleek metal of my simple solitaire. The only thing I question is whether or not DSS will set in sooner than later and a halo would have helped to counter that. Maybe I should opt for a half eternity wedding band instead of a plain one when the time comes...that would bling it up a little.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1346154650|3258415 said:
CaprineSun|1346116517|3258236 said:
Thanks CS. I know in my heart of hearts that I just don't prefer halos for me so I know I didn't choose wrong. I really love the smooth, sleek metal of my simple solitaire. The only thing I question is whether or not DSS will set in sooner than later and a halo would have helped to counter that. Maybe I should opt for a half eternity wedding band instead of a plain one when the time comes...that would bling it up a little.

haha, Aud, you DON'T like halos! Stop it! Your scholdt is EXACTLY what you've always wanted!

and..
by audball » 15 May 2012 10:31
YAY!! Join the OEC solitaire club!! I endorse it!!

I did :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1346263778|3259253 said:
haha, Aud, you DON'T like halos! Stop it! Your scholdt is EXACTLY what you've always wanted!
and..
by audball » 15 May 2012 10:31
YAY!! Join the OEC solitaire club!! I endorse it!!

I did :naughty:
Hah, I know! This wait is making me crazy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results