shape
carat
color
clarity

ring pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kell

Rough_Rock
I don''t ever post, but I am a constant lurker. My fiance posted here regularly while he was researching/shopping for a ring (a.k.a...plan_to_dazzle). He proposed a few weeks ago, and what a wonderful surprise it was! He hasn''t posted pics yet, so I wanted to. I just want to show off what a wonderful job he did! I could not be happier with the ring--it is absolutely more than I could have dreamed for. The stone came from DCD. The specs are:
shape: radiant w/ trapezoid side stones and 14 princess cuts in the channel
weight: 1.72
dimensions: 7.51 x 6.14 x 4.21
depth: 68.6
table: 64
negligable flourescence
medium girdle
small culet
polish: excellent
symmetry: good
The pics aren''t great, but it seems to be the best I can do with my digital camera. I wish I could really show how much this stone sparkles!
47b4ce25b3127cceb7b1353503800000001610

47b4ce25b3127cceb7b134e343ce0000001610

kell

Rough_Rock
duh...forgot to add: the stone is an H, VS2...

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
very gorgeous ring, congrats!!

Jaime

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement. Are those wee little surprise diamonds I see? That is a stunning ring, he done good!

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Wow what a beautiful design - such unique diamond shapes too! You're a lucky girl - congrats on the engagement!
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. I love traps, and that setting is gorgeous too. Beautiful job!

Best wishes on your engagement
1.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
That's really niiiice!
appl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really beautiful.
love.gif
He did a great job.
appl.gif
Congrats!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's lovely. He did a great job

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! love that Radiant!! Congratulations.......
appl.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i think your ring is just fabulous. LOVE those square stones, they get me every time!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
What a unique and beautiful ring! It's really gorgeous - I'm impressed that your FI put so much effort into designing a ring for you that's so unique but still classic. I love it! Congrats on your engagement!

Plan_to_Dazzle

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for saying I did a great job.

It took a LONG time to find all the pieces and then wait as the ring was being made. We did a lot of shopping around before the process started, and I used that time to really find the styles we both liked. Unique and classic, if you through in beautiful and stunning, these are all the aspects I was hoping for. I was shocked when I finally saw the ring. I live in a town that has very few quality Brick and Mortar stores, and this ring blows even the best quality rings out of the water in its appearance.

Jim at Dirt Cheap Diamonds was such a big help with the process. He was always available to answer questions and was willing to do anything to help at any time. He brought in sets of the traps and helped me by evaluating them. He even suggested the smaller/less expensive pair, an act that was definitely in the customers favor. If anyone has any fears about DCD, put them at rest. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will use them again for any diamond purchase in the future, and already plan to use them for the matching wedding band. Thanks Jim and DCD

I would also like to suggest Chris at Accredited Gem Appraisers in PA. He was also an amazing help. I had multiple stones from different vendors delivered to them, and Chris took the time to examine them and give me his honest opinion on the pros/cons of each. He also did an office poll and had his coworkers look at the stones, without any info, and just give the eye exam opinion. Couldn't have asked for anything else, nor anyone more helpful!

Ultimately, the goal was for something she could be proud of and dazzled by. Thanks to pricescope, Jim at DCD, and Chris at AGA it was all that and more.

Thanks again,
Michael

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I looooove the profile....the diamonds in the rung is similar to what I want to get.

yummy!
love.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous! I love love love it!

1215n

Rough_Rock
your ring is beautiful!!!!
love.gif
I have my heart set on a princess center with trapezoids also...still waiting...you are one lucky girl! He did a great job!!!Just love love those prongs,the only ones i would consider...do they catch at all???

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful engagement ring!!
love.gif
He did such a wonderful job with the setting - looks like he took a lot of care to make sure the details were just so -- the double prongs, the traps (i've always luved the look of traps next to rectangular stones), the princesses in the band... really fabulous!!
eek.gif
3.gif

Congratulations & best wishes
9.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Yay Michael!!!

kell

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments! Michael did do an amazing job and did put a lot of thought into the ring. I'm a lucky girl.

About the snags--so far I have not had any real problems. I do catch an occassional piece of fuzz but that's about it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I have a special place in my heart for trapezoids and surprise stones, and this ring has both! It's truly stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results