shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Photos

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excuse the lint, dog hair, and schmutz :twirl: ;)) Without further ado, some of my rings. This first one is my great Grandmother Madelaine's ring. I never knew her, but have grown up hearing from two generations how wonderful she was. She apparently owned and ran a tea house. As you can see, two of the tiny emerald chips are missing, and I'm afraid to wear it - do you think I could find someone to replace those tiny pieces?

Great Grandma Sideview.jpg

Great Grandma Profile.jpg

Great Grandma's Ring.jpg

Great Grandma's Ring - 2.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more photo of Madelaine's ring

Peekaboo Great Grandma-2.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, MB, LOOOOK at your PICTURES !!!! :love: :love: :love:

Great shots of that antique ring !
I love how you set up the shot, too..... Very Pretty !

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you, Herekittykitty! And Shiney I can't tell you how much that means coming from you! The ring is not something I would've picked out, but knowing it came from this wonderful woman has made me fall in love with it. Anyway on to more pics...

Sapphire Ring Bottom.jpg

Sapphire Ring.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring I wrote about in the past, where I liked it for about 3 weeks and now I think its too big and clunky. The sapphire is decent quality, nice color and all, but the setting doesn't do it for me, so I hardly ever wear it. I'd eventually like to get the sapphire reset and recycle the 18k gold and princess cut diamonds. If I remember correctly, the sapphire is just over 4 carats.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one I also wrote about - I LOVE this stone, because the color is amazing! Its 5 cts unheated Ceylon. The setting is platinum. And while I love the setting and the stone, they don't go together because the setting is pretty closed up (sorry for no pix of the undercarriage/basket/gallery) and makes this highly saturated stone considerably darker than it was unmounted.

Sapphire Sideview.jpg

My Sapphire Baby.jpg

Sunny Sapphire Baby.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Copper baring tourmaline 3+ cts, 18k rose gold. I love how this stone glows. It may not be "pool water blue," but it sure glows and makes me happy.

Cuprian Bottom Again.jpg

Cuprian Profile.jpg

Cuprian - Sunny.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pix of the cuprian. Even though it looks like it has a window, it really doesn't.

Cuprian - glow 1.jpg

Cuprian - Peaceful.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, beautiful rings. You should reset that 5 ct. sapphire, it's got nice color and really good shape and proportions.

I love the cuprian ring too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow--that sapphire is really beautiful. I love the cuprian also--I don't think I can ever get enough of those!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Minou, they're beautiful! I love your g-grandmother's ring -- it may not be something you'd pick today, but the stones are nice & it's so emblematic of its time -- I think things like that carry some aura from their previous owners for you. Would like to see a hand shot of that, bet it looks excellent against your fingers.

And if that is how that sapphire looks in its current setting, I'm gaga to see it in a more open one! Wow, beauty!

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I had to come back and ooogle :love: :love: :love:

Love your RINGS !!!

I love the Ceylon Sapphire, what a gorgeous big rock !!!!

That Tourmaline is absolutely stunning in rose gold like that !
The ring is stunning at all angles !
I am going to save those pictures in my File-of-Dreams, for sure !

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1304245987|2909003 said:
I think things like that carry some aura from their previous owners for you. Would like to see a hand shot of that, bet it looks excellent against your fingers.

Laurie: I totally agree! I have another ring from my grandmother - a simple, platinum engagement ring with a center diamond (OEC? Here's where I show that I know nothing about diamonds) which I totally remember growing up. It is too big, worn and probably even dinged up, but it sits in my jewelry box because I still feel that my Grandma is there. I will post pictures and ask for advice, cause which is better - keeping it as is to honor my Grandma knowing I won't wear it, or changing it and recycling the platinum for something else (if it can be done) and hoping that her aura doesn't leave?

As for hand shots, I tried, I really tried, but its really hard to take them! They're always out of focus cause I can't get far enough away with the camera. If I could put the hand down and step back a few feet that would work...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, IndyLady, and ooo-Shiney - thanks for your comments. Its funny how "exposed" I feel taking pictures and posting them, so to have the three of you say nice things either about the stones/rings or the photos is a great relief (silly, isn't it?) =) :bigsmile:

Ms. Shiney, you pay me the highest compliment and I have created a Word file for every post you, TL and Vapid have made on how to take photos and I read it as my own personal tutorial... :mrgreen:

The light is probably great right now so maybe I should go try and get some pics of my Grandma's ring.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for dog hair! But I actually don't see a single one!

Your grandmother's ring is spectacular! Your photos are truly lovely, and you should be proud of them :appl:

I love the sapphire and hope you'll reset it soon so it gets to be worn. The cuprian and its setting are also gorgeous, I love the detail!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel - Thanks [blushing]

K9

Brilliant_Rock
:o

WOW.

Love the deco emerald and diamond ring. You just can't go wrong with lovely deco style. If you find someone who specializes in antique jewelry, it should be rather easy to replace the missing emeralds.

I am also crushing on the 18k setting on the sapphire! It definitely has a heavier look to it, but it also is a little retro, which I like. Doesn't hurt to have variety.

I can see what you mean about the basket being too closed up for the other sapphire... but it still looks VERY nice!

The cuprian is just.... yummy! And I really love the rose gold against it! I can see how the glow would make you happy. :))

Stunning heirlooms for sure! I love family jewelry - so, so special.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Rings!!!! I LOVE you great grandma's Emerald deco is TDF!!! So Unique!!!:love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results