shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Photo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Webmn0key

Rough_Rock
my hand by the way :D

fgsdrt.jpg

Webmn0key

Rough_Rock
had a hard time focusing on my macro mode...

i also dont like how the setting sort of shows thru the diamond...i guess its set low and might be the nature of the cut..

abcwe333.jpg

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Its a lovely ring, a different sort of three stone. If you''re concerned why not have it appraised? I think it would be well worth it. Also you could ask your fiance if she has another ''dream'' ring. Too bad you aren''t happy with the purchase, but at least she is.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think it''s a lovely ring...
30.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful. I love three stone ovals!
30.gif
30.gif
I don''t think you are seeing the setting through it, but, maybe a bowtie in the stones. This is very common in ovals. I have an oval and it doesn''t bother me one bit.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any shots on her finger??? I am seriously considering this style for a future upgrade and would love to see a hand shot.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Webmonkey, that ring is gorgeous!. Are you kidding - GIA-graded G VS2, over 3.5 carats, fancy shape stones in platinum....what's not to love. It sparkles, she loves it, people compliment her...

I can't understand what you wouldn't like. It looks great in the picture! Are you having "Buyer's Remorse"? You should be thrilled - you got a great deal on a gorgeous piece!

I'm not an expert on fancies, but from what I understand, every oval, pear, marquise has a bow-tie. Some are bigger than others, but it's the nature of the cuts.

Webmn0key

Rough_Rock
not right now. Ill try and get her to "pose" in the next few days.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
That ring is beautiful.

Webmn0key

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 2:51:40 PM
Author: Miranda
Do you have any shots on her finger??? I am seriously considering this style for a future upgrade and would love to see a hand shot.
here ya go...
she is wondering what the heck i am doing...
31.gif

i love her!

*note her band, which is plain platinum. We discussed this from the get go. She wanted bigger diamond in lieu of a fancy setting/band....

nring1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! It''s a great size on her hand as well! Unfortunately, I really don''t know much about ovals except that bowties are common.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 7:48:59 PM
Author: Webmn0key

Date: 12/10/2006 2:51:40 PM
Author: Miranda
here ya go...
she is wondering what the heck i am doing...
31.gif

i love her!

*note her band, which is plain platinum. We discussed this from the get go. She wanted bigger diamond in lieu of a fancy setting/band....
What a smart woman!!! Thanks for posting the pic. Just tell her it''s for the diamond hungry masses! It really is a beautiful ring.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this ring. I don''t see many 3-stone Ovals...VERY BLINGY!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
The 3 stones together are the perfect width for her finger and I think the oval shapes compliment her hand VERY well. It looks like she had tried the ring on and picked it herself - it really fits her well. This probably looks much better than a 1.80-carat RB solitaire, which is probably what you''d get for $20K with a simple setting in a G VS2.

I think 3 stones give you a lot of bling for the buck. Three stones are very common for engagement rings. And, you got a great deal! In fact, I''m totally jealous. I''d take it, gladly!

Quite frankly, I''m surprised this thread title doesn''t say "Look At My Great Find!" instead.

Webmn0key

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the feedback...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Put your concerns aside...it is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results