shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring of dreams.. cushion cut french sides

Treasurehunter84

Rough_Rock
Hello guys.. just wanted to shamelessly show off my ring which has taken me almost a year to create! I started off wanting a cushion cut rectangular shaped center, in D colour with as minimal inclusions as possible- and of course the most fire I could find!
I wanted an an antique cut tbh however after months searching I couldn’t find anything that was the right shape/fire/colour grade or it had a massive culet which I didn’t like. In addition I didn’t want a modified cushion brilliant, only cushion brilliant (less facets). It was proving almost impossible, I had asked several well known jewellers who although very nice told me they couldn’t find what I wanted and what they had wasn’t what I was after.
In the end I found the perfect diamond on 1st Dibs, in a horrible ring setting! D VVS cushion brilliant. It was perfect! It was located in LA (and I live basically the other side of the world!) so I had to wait patiently for it to be delivered.
I had already decided exactly how I wanted the ring and both jewellers who did the design refused to make it without using a center stone they had sourced. So I had to make it myself in the UAE. Having already researched on this forum I discovered Yoram at Gem Concepts who make amazing french cut sides, so I hesitantly emailed fully expecting him to say he would not ship to a private customer- but to my joy he did! I found a jeweller here who could design the ring and order the side stones from Yoram -and they designed it exactly to my specifications. It was cast - not hand forged, which I would have preferred however it is almost impossible to find that here and with COVID restrictions we weren’t going back to the UK anytime soon.
So 11 months after I started looking I finally have my dream engagement ring which I will cherish for a lifetime.. it was well worth the wait!
thanks for reading my very long post and hope you like it :)) 2B401237-E3D7-406C-91B8-60F6103B81E5.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s gorgeous!
Yay for you on sourcing yourself what you wanted and pulling it all together!
Hope you post many more photos of your beautiful ring (that center stone AND those sidestones - :swoon: )

also - you know we’d be interested - or it’s just me being nosy- to see pictures of the ‘horrible’ ring your cushion came out of?
:D

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG to die for. Yes we need more photos. Those sides are just the right amount of flash for that cushion!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING! And yes, please share more pictures with us!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Picturepicturepictures!
I applaud your ingenuity that produced that piece :love: :love: :love:
It's ah-mazing.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hello guys.. just wanted to shamelessly show off my ring which has taken me almost a year to create! I started off wanting a cushion cut rectangular shaped center, in D colour with as minimal inclusions as possible- and of course the most fire I could find!
I wanted an an antique cut tbh however after months searching I couldn’t find anything that was the right shape/fire/colour grade or it had a massive culet which I didn’t like. In addition I didn’t want a modified cushion brilliant, only cushion brilliant (less facets). It was proving almost impossible, I had asked several well known jewellers who although very nice told me they couldn’t find what I wanted and what they had wasn’t what I was after.
In the end I found the perfect diamond on 1st Dibs, in a horrible ring setting! D VVS cushion brilliant. It was perfect! It was located in LA (and I live basically the other side of the world!) so I had to wait patiently for it to be delivered.
I had already decided exactly how I wanted the ring and both jewellers who did the design refused to make it without using a center stone they had sourced. So I had to make it myself in the UAE. Having already researched on this forum I discovered Yoram at Gem Concepts who make amazing french cut sides, so I hesitantly emailed fully expecting him to say he would not ship to a private customer- but to my joy he did! I found a jeweller here who could design the ring and order the side stones from Yoram -and they designed it exactly to my specifications. It was cast - not hand forged, which I would have preferred however it is almost impossible to find that here and with COVID restrictions we weren’t going back to the UK anytime soon.
So 11 months after I started looking I finally have my dream engagement ring which I will cherish for a lifetime.. it was well worth the wait!
thanks for reading my very long post and hope you like it :)) 2B401237-E3D7-406C-91B8-60F6103B81E5.jpeg

Wow!! That is just amazing!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What!! That’s amazing!! So beautiful and great job in sourcing and putting it all together. It’s gorgeous!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my....... Stunning :kiss2:

Please post many more pictures!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! This is absolutely incredible! Yes please, post many more pictures!! <3

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a gorgeous ring! Congratulations on your engagement.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely stunning. Please post more pictures. I would also love to see the picture from first Dibs. I am a sucker for before and after pics.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous @Treasurehunter84 ! Is that the only picture we get??? More, please!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! We surely need more pics though!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
What a ring!! It is beautiful, congratulation! PLEASE post more pics of this beauty!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking!!! That is a dream ring. You are so lucky to wear and enjoy such a beautiful, perfect creation! Your persistence and patience paid off tenfold.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That stone is amazing! And Yoram stones! We will definitely need some more pics of the side view, down the shank, the undergallery… you get my drift :)

And yes, if you have pics of the ring from which you harvested that marvelous stone, please share. What a find. Congratulations on your engagement and your awesome design skills!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning…anything Yoram touches is beautiful. Congratulations!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations - on your engagement and the beautiful ring! Your journey is a great example of how knowing what you want and being creative about how to get there can lay off. Well done!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring! It’s absolutely breathtaking!
I would also love to see the original setting!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god! Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor. This is INCREDIBLE.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!! :kiss2:Wow, a D! And how great to have stones cut by Yoram. So glad you finally have your dream ring, we need more pics!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful and so worth the wait!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning!! Congrats on your engagement!!
Please post more photos of this beauty❤️

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwwwwwwwwwwww :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: That is a drop dead gorgeous center stone and an amazing ring. Those sides are perfect for it, so clearly custom made for this center. Congratulations. It's breathtaking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results