shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
I posted last week that I think a proposal is close, really really close. Last night I had my first ring nightmare, where basically he proposed with this hideous ring that caused people to point and laugh. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I know it''s silly, but I haven''t been able to shake the dream all day. What if I do hate the ring? I am sure I won''t, but what if? Ugh. I am upset that I started to even piece together what was going on and that I suspect an engagement is around the corner. I would much rather be in the dark about this.

Anyone care to talk me down? I know I''m being irrational, but can''t seem to chill out. Thanks!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When my dad purposed to my mom, she hated her ring. She told me it looked like a raccoon, only uglier. And, she was totally honest with my dad...who, frankly didn''t want to spend such a lavish amount on something she disliked. They ended up returning the original ering, and she ended up with a super wide all-pave band that is lovely and a big fat 2 carat round in a tiffany solitare.

My advice is that if you hate the ring, be honest. He''s probably saved for this ring for a long while and above all else he wants for you to love your ring.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
yeah, and if he didn''t keep the ring in the closet - he might even be able to return it... so, if that is the case.. be honest... but, I am sure it wont.
35.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Awww sweety! I wouldn''t worry yourself over it! I had a dream last week that the ring he proposed with was almost like the creation of an MC Escher painting! The underside (towards the palm of my hand) was HUGE and fat and thick, so long I couldn''t bend my first knuckle! The top side wasn''t quite as fat, but still super think and chunky. It was made out of dark burnished gold with black tribal etchings, and had this teeny ruby in the center. I woke up horrified, until I realized it was a dream. I told H about it and we laughed together!

Sorry if I don;t know since I am new around these parts again, but have you two talked about what you want and like? If so, I wouldn''t worry about a thing! And even if you haven''t these sneaky men have their ways of finding out!

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
Thanks girls, I appreciate the kind words. Ilovesparkles, yes, we have talked and shopped together. He knows what I like and dislike and we''re essentially on the same page. I am just being neurotic, lol. I know I''m going to love the ring, even if it''s a twist tie! Thanks again ladies!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
omg me too!

i think two nights ago, i had a dream where my bf proposed with a yellow gold ring, round amethyst, really high setting...

it was actually pretty, but pretty much everything i said i didn''t want...

that said, i trust my boyfriend! trust yours. they''re smarter than our subconsciouses like to think!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 10:06:12 PM
Author: IrishEyes08
Thanks girls, I appreciate the kind words. Ilovesparkles, yes, we have talked and shopped together. He knows what I like and dislike and we''re essentially on the same page. I am just being neurotic, lol. I know I''m going to love the ring, even if it''s a twist tie! Thanks again ladies!
Ehh.. I wouldn''t worry quite so much. If he''s seen examples of what you like and you are on the same page, I can''t imagine that he would go with something completely the opposite (unless he wanted you to say "no"!lol.. Just kidding). I''m sure the ring will be beautiful!
Good luck
2.gif
!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results