shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring nice but not perfect

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
So I finally had my sapphire set and it looks nice but not perfect. My cameras not very good and diamonds never come out that great using it. Anyway I don''t know it''s the way the diamonds are angled or something makes it look slightly off to me. I don''t know what it is.
Otherwise it''s wearable and nice to be able to look at my sapphire on my hand finally. I LOVE this sapphire and have wanted to do something with it for years.
To be continued......

sapphire-ring111.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry that you don''t love it, I hate that!!!

Can you zoom in on it a little bit so we can see the diamonds better??

The blue looks gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so sorry you are disappointed! Can you talk to who ever made/set the ring for you? How long have you had it?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Innerkitten,

I am sorry you aren''t happy with the way your ring turned out. Your sapphire is gorgeous though. It really glows.

Can you zoom in, so we can see the diamonds? If you aren''t happy with the way it is set, can you take it back to the jewelers, to have them fix it?

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If we can get a closer picture, maybe we can trouble shoot what makes the setting look ''off'' ??

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, time to talk to the jeweler who put it together if you''re not totally satisfied. gorgeous blue sapphire!

movie zombie

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m back. Yes the sapphire is beautiful and the white metal sets it off well. It''s an unheated burmese sapphire. Anyway I''ll try to get a better shot of the ring later. I looked at it through a loup and what it is ( I think) is that the diamonds aren''t lined up evenly or something. I have a feeling that there are some people that wouldn''t notice but I do.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well not having a great camera it''s hard to capture in a photo so you''ll have to trust me on this one. I did contact them and they said I could send it back and thay would have a look at it.
Kind of a bummer since I was so excited to finally have it in my hands but I want it to be perfect.

ringcloseup5656.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell about the diamonds, but that is one BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS SAPPHIRE.

LINDA

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh now I see. It is the open space there. Well I would want that fixed too. I hope they do it right and your beautiful ring will be perfect for you.

Linda

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Linda, yup thats exactly it. Some of the diamonds were set funny.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been waiting to see your ring because I love blue sapphires! The sapphire looks great in that setting. I hope you can get the details worked out on the halo. It looks great on your hand.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I wonder if you would be happier with a setting where the stone is prong set instead of dropped down in the channel. Something to think about. I''m personally a bigger fan of prongs than channels - I was having my original diamond reset in a channel, and ended up sending it back to be prong set - I like it much better. Of course the stone was only a quarter carat, so it was much smaller.

Bottom line is that you won''t wear it if you don''t like it, and it''s too beautiful of a stone to gather dust in the drawer.

Good luck!

Clem

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh innerkitten I love the sapphire!!!

It''s so hard to tell from the pic, it just seems like it *might* be uneven around the edges or something, but I hope you get it fixed, whatever it is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results