shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring maintenance from internet vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starchild

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was just curious how you all handle ring maintenance when you buy from an internet vendor. I know you are supposed to get the prongs checked every 6 mos. or so, and I think I would also like to get it professionally cleaned once in while. We got the ring from James Allen, so I was just wondering, are these things that B&M stores would handle for free only if you get the ring from there? Will I be stuck paying for this stuff since I got it online?

Thanks for your help!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not made an online purchase yet. But, the pieces I have, have been cleaned and checked for free at nearly any jeweler or mall store. They''ve never even asked if I got the piece from them. They just clean and check it while I look at shiny things! I''ve also had repairs done from a jeweler other than the seller. When looking at repair work though, be sure you''re not voiding your warranty by having another jeweler work on it.

Good Luck!

OOH! Look! Something Shiny!
36.gif

MyBling

Rough_Rock
I''ve wondered about the same thing, it doesn''t seem fair to buy online then expect a B&M store to perform all the checks and cleanings for free. Maybe some are happy to provide those services for free if it means you to browse the goods while you wait.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Most places will clean your jewelry for free and do a great job. It''s good to have a good relationship with a local jeweler/repair person.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most jewelers are tickled to do this for you. As was pointed out above, it gives them the opportunity to try to sell you something else and it’s common when they discover a problem for people to leave the repair with them as well. As mentioned above, be aware of any warranty restrictions that you have on new purchases. The seller should be happy to explain what your limits are and how long they apply. When you find a store that offers you good service, reward them by occasionally buying something and/or having your repairs done there.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results