shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Lost... Ring Replaced...Ring Found! Update on me and a thank you.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So, 2015-2016 was a truly terrible couple years for me. And I swear to you, I only got through the last few months thanks to the support of this community. You guys were my rock. From the supportive comments and advice on the forum, to the (flabbergasting and humbling) Go Fund Me you all started to help with our medical bills, to all the people who sent me personal notes and called, and emailed, and mailed all manner of amazing things to me, to all the PSers I met or have known in person just BEING there. I was lost, and you all tethered me. And I am grateful and indebted to you beyond words.

Things began to improve for us immediately in January. It was uncanny.
But it hasn't all been sunshine and roses. We lost another cat to FIP. This time our kitten, just 10 months old. There have been other downs, but that's life and for the most part (and with the notable exception of our Lily passing) it's been a balance of good and bad. The good primarily being a big shift in the state of our finances.

And as part of my story, some of you might remember that I had lost my engagement ring in November. And that it wasn't insured as I had cancelled my Jewelers Mutual policy due to finances.

Well, our apartment complex had a revision of their requirements for Renter's Insurance in January. So my husband had to call our insurance carrier. We've had the same policy/carrier since we've moved to CA many years ago. And 9 years ago, right after our wedding, we were robbed. Neither my husband or I remembered doing this, but apparently after the robbery my husband added a Jewelry rider to our policy for my engagement ring. And we'd never removed it!

When my husband was talking to the insurance company the rider came up. And we were surprised to discover that the loss of my ring was in fact covered. So we made a claim and negotiated with the insurance company for a replacement for my ring. What helped me the most was the INCREDIBLY detailed appraisal Neil Beaty had done on my ring after Steven replaced my halo. I can't go into detail about the new ring. I am no longer Gypsy and as a member of the trade, I am bound by different rules. But I did get a new ring a few weeks ago it is an old cut K color. I wanted something completely different as nothing could replace my asscher.

So... that brings us to today. We rearranged some of the furniture in our bedroom this morning. Afterward, DH went in to vacuum and I was in the bathroom cleaning and I hear a loud crack from the bedroom and DH shuts the vacuum off and we can't find anything wrong with it.

He says; it's time to empty it out anyway and it occurred to me to say: can you go through it, maybe it sucked something up?

Five minutes later: "OMG"
Me: "What?"
"Come here."

He's holding a very dirty asscher plain shank halo.

We found my engagement ring.

First call was to the insurance to explain that we found my ring. And now we are going to have to figure out what to do about that.

But... I am so happy to have my ring back!!!!!

And... I have been absent since my transition to trade, but had to share the ring story with all of you. Again, I am in your debt for all the love and support you have given to me. I miss you all very much.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to "see" you! Glad you found your ring. I miss our conversations and am glad you are doing better Gypsy/Layla!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
gypsy.. so sorry so hear of you kitty passing..that is truly hard. Hugs to you. I'm glad to hear that overall, things are going much better for you. You and your posts are truly missed. Happy that you found your ring :)

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you found your beautiful ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This should be in the "good news" thread!:)

cheers--Sharon

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great to hear from you! I'm so sorry about Lily but I'm also so happy that this new year has brought you a lot more good, including finding your beautiful engagement ring!! :)) Don't be a stranger!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitten, but it is THRILLING to read about your ring! I'm sad you can't post more info about it due to 'trade' restrictions :(

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!! Thank you for filling us in on the details off finding your gorgeous ring!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a change of fortune! So happy to hear the lasted events. So very sorry about your sweet kitty, but really happy you stopped by to say hi and share. That is crazy awesome you found your ring! Please do check in with us from time to time, man you are missed around here! :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so missed, Gypsy! I'm happy that you found your ring--what an incredible turn of events! Sorry about the kitty, that must have been hard. We miss you on here and wish you the best!!!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's good to hear from you. I've been wondering how things are going for you. Sorry for the loss of your kitten. FIP is a very bad disease.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, what a wonderful thread! I am SO happy for you that you found your ring! I truly thought from what you had said that you lost it outside the home and it was gone forever. This is certainly wonderful news for you!
We do miss you here but I am glad that life is going better for you these days. Congrats on the new ring and working things out with the insurance company. Please do check in with us from time to time. So nice to 'see' you and hear that things are going better for you and your husband!!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Such wonderful news to have found your ring. So sorry for the loss of a kitten. I know how much you love your cats. May this year bring wonderful times.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy
Happy for you that you found your ring! sorry to hear the news about your kitten.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I hope finding the ring symbolizes a new and continuing upswing in your lives Gypsy. I occasionally thought about your ring as it was one of my faves on Pricescope and it looked so well on your hand, complemented by some gorgeous bands. All the best.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I knew you would share my happiness. And having shared my misery, I had to share the reversal. ESPECIALLY on a jewelry item. But honestly that ring... it is so much more than jewelry. It's part of my history, with my husband and with you all. I had thought I lost it at the PS GTG in Nor Cal in November. I assumed that it was gone, having been lost at the restaurant. But... apparently it made it home with me, either in a pocket, or in my purse or my jewelry roll and got lodged somewhere. I assume that when we moved things around in the bedroom this morning it rolled out and got into the vacuum. That's my best guess. My gast was completely flabbered.

It has truly been so hard not posting on here. I am going to try to add occasionally posting back into my routine because I really do miss you all so much!

Regarding Lily. Yes, FIP is, there are words but they are all of the four letter variety. Heartbreaking is the most acceptable term for it. It's just a *)(*@()&$# of a disease. And with Lily being only 10 months... well, you are never READY to lose one of your kiddos, your best friends, but a kitten... is a baby. At least Frodo when he got it was 12 and we had years of memories and years of spoiling him.

Having found and kept Harry, in light of Lily's loss, is even more of a gift. He's a weird little dude. Doesn't like any treats. And even though he gobbled it when we first found him , now that he's "home", more often that not he just skips wet food entirely in favor of dry. He LOVES digging the dry food. Like he's digging in sand. He can usually be found emptying all the dry food in the bowl onto the floor. We do the dry food dance several times a week. He empties it, we put it back. Rinse and repeat. When you pick him up he always curls in on your hand like a roly poly bug. He's so soft. And he's just a little love.

One interesting thing about him is: he's terrified of other humans. DH and I are largely introverts with a small circle of trusted friends. So we don't entertain often. And especially as in the last couple years most of our close friends have moved out of state, I didn't realize that Harry had not been exposed to another human since he's been with us. Well, last month we had someone over and the poor kiddo FREAKED OUT. I had to go and pick him up: ears back, puffy, scared out of his mind and take him into a the bedroom and keep him away from anyone. Some human DEFINITELY hurt him. He's so incredible lovable and loving, nothing else explains his reaction.

The rest of my kiddos are good overall. Penny was bonding strongly to Lily so we're really sensitive to that, as she is missing her sister.

All my best,
The poster formerly known as Gypsy.

Last edited:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I updated my AV to my asscher halo, now that it's dound. SO happy!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gypsy, I am so happy to hear that things have been better for you! I have thought of you often since your last thread and hoped you were doing well. I am also glad that your ring was found - I really thought it was gone for good, and I know how special it was to you and how heart-wrenching it must have been to lose. I'm so sorry about Lily.

I would love it if you occasionally posted to update on things. I don't email with PSers as some seem to or belong to whatever the facebook group is so I am often out of the loop in terms of some of this stuff but I worry when I don't know things are going alright. Big hugs. Hope things continue looking up.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I will post updates every few months Distracts.
How are you? I've missed talking to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy! So happy to hear your wonderful update and that you found your gorgeous ring. I am so sorry about Lily and you and your dh did all you could as you always do for your sweet kitties.

I am so pleased that Harry is doing well and I hear you on him being afraid of other humans. Sometimes cats have more sense than us yanno and it is just terrible how awful some people can be. One of our kitties was abused before we got him and he is still incredibly skittish when other people visit.

Anyway thank goodness Harry is safe and sound with you and your dh right where he is supposed to be!:appl: And again thrilled for you that you found your ring.:love: A true PS icon.

Big (((hugs))) to you and all your fur baby crew.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
wow awesome news!!! glad things are looking up for you!!!!
sorry to hear about the poor kitty :{

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm deeply sorry about Lily, but the ring news is just the best..... I hope that you pop in more, the whole places misses you and the cats!!!!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Gypsy (is it still okay to call you Gypsy :))), good to see you pop in. I was whining in a thread the other day that I miss your presence. I know we didn't chat a lot but I loved following your posts and seeing the advice you offered to people.

I am so sorry about Lily. I know how much you love your precious kitties. And as you said, the fact she was just a baby makes it gut wrenching. I'm happy to hear that Harry is settling in but sad about his distrust and fear of humans. At least he has found "his" humans that he knows he can trust and spend the rest of his days with.

The job and and the ring news is fantastic. I just had a feeling that 2017 was going to be the year things turned around for you. Congrats on finding that beautiful ring of yours.

Please pop back in from time to time. You are missed!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to hear from you, as I've been wondering how life was treating you these days.
So sorry to hear about your kitty. That's rough stuff.
But the ring finding must have been an amazing moment : )
How great!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found your ring! Hope things look up for your from this point on. :wavey:

phancynan

Rough_Rock
What fabulous news about your ring! I hope you can get it all figured out with the insurance company. I've been a lurker for years but rarely commented. I'm so sorry about your kitty. I have two and both are currently struggling with health problems at age 14. One of mine is terrified of men (or of deeper voices), but is semi-present around women. Before I had kids, we'd had them about 7 years when some children (7-9) came over and that completely freaked both cats out. They had no idea what to do with these small humans.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow. Congratulations on your good news!

Wink

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Layla I am so so happy you found your ring! What an amazing story! Sounds like 2017 is going to be a great year for you, and you totally deserve it! I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty though, hugs to you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't visit Hangout very often these days, but I am SO happy I happened to see your post! That is amazing that you found your ring! It was also amazing you had it insured and didn't realize it! Now just to figure out paying the insurance company back! Ugh!

So glad things are going better for you! :appl:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about your loss but really awesome that you found your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results