shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Kinda fits....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

porterror

Rough_Rock
Well i''m engaged now!! She loves the ring alot!

Biggest problem is the ring kinda spins on her ring finger. But, it''s the only size that will just make it past her knuckle. She just said on the phone "don''t say i have fat knuckles", but they are kinda large ;P.

Any way to fix this?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A euro-shank might help. It makes the bottom of the shank like a square to prevent spinning, but the inside of the shank remains the same size.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
she may want to get 2 matching wedding bands with some small diamond sidestones to place on either side of the ring and keep it in place. one of the curved styles.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Little balls can be put inside the shank. Also, for some $$, the shank can be redone so that it actually hinges open to allow it to move over the knuckle and still fit snuggly
1.gif

porterror

Rough_Rock
Where can I get this done locally (South Jersey Area) and how much $?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where in South Jersey?

porterror

Rough_Rock
Near cherry hill. Any name to these little balls? or pictures?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 10:14:35 PM
Author:porterror
Well i'm engaged now!! She loves the ring alot!

Biggest problem is the ring kinda spins on her ring finger. But, it's the only size that will just make it past her knuckle. She just said on the phone 'don't say i have fat knuckles', but they are kinda large ;P.

Any way to fix this?
there are knobies you can put in (sizing beads I think they're called) or horseshoe thingies but you also have to remember that once the wedding ring is there it will make all of the rings feel a little tighter... kinda along the same thinking of how if you get an 8mm band you have to get it in a larger size than you would if you got a 2mm band :)

ETA: also - it is winter, fingers are at their smallest.... I wouldn't make a ring smaller until the summer.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 1:17:16 AM
Author: porterror
Yup, like Cehrabehra said, they are called sizing beads. Sorry, I was a bit tired last night
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 8:42:12 AM
Author: Rascal49

Date: 1/3/2007 1:17:16 AM
Author: porterror
Yup, like Cehrabehra said, they are called sizing beads. Sorry, I was a bit tired last night
2.gif
And here''s a website I quickly googled that shows pictures plus an explanation of sizing beads: LINK

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard from some folks that the sizing beads are uncomfortable. I''d probably do the horseshoe sizer like jasmine if it were me. Claire''s (an accessorie shop in the mall) also sells little plastic ring guards that can help with sizing. they are very inexpensive and might do the trick for her.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of a horseshoe sizer or also known as a butterfly spring

bflyspring.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I actually prefer sizing beads to a butterfly spring. I don''t find them uncomfortable...another of my friends has them put on all her rings for the same reason as your FI...

porterror

Rough_Rock
Hmm. I found a jewlerly repair place in mall that i''ve gone too a couple times. They said they can do either option (butterfly or beads), but they couldn''t tell me a price until they saw her ring.

- What is the average cost of doing both these options for a platnium ring?
- Is there anyway she could try the butterfly and the beads and see which one she''d be okay with?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Surely Bernie Robbins Jewelers has a branch in your area and could agree to handle the alteration. Unless a person insists on "balls" I always try to get them to try an insert wing, and internal spring type guard. If the guard fails to work, then the hinged shank has several options now in the market. Superfit is the best one. No cheap, but it is a very well made item.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have the same problem however I am concerned that during the summer my finger will swell a bit so I am probably going to have the beads put in BUT not until I see how my ring fits in warmer weather. So if you live where the weather and humidity change with the seasons maybe you ought to hold off for a few months.

porterror

Rough_Rock
Problem is im' not sure what she'll want? Do any of these jewlers have example rings with these fittings on them? The superfit looks very very expensive if they have to actually do that to the platinum setting i picked out.

- what is the price range for all these options?

- How do you get the ring off (beads & butterfly)?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can use a temporary, gold filled or plastic, ring guard if you have fingers which swell seasonally, etc. These do little or no harm to the shank of the ring and can readily be adjusted or removed. They are very cheap and don''t feel bad, either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results