shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring incoming

DonRikkles

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking for a few months, and after some trouble registering, I wanted to thank all of you for your knowledge about diamonds, settings, and the shopping process. By reading the invaluable insight on these forums, I was able to buy confidently. I hope I did well, you be the judge.

So after shopping locally for about two months and dealing with super-expensive retail stores and unresponsive brokers, I took to the web. I was looking for a GIA or AGS excellent cut stone, the biggest possible in the I-J, SI1 range within my budget. After reading a near-constant barrage of praise for the work of Leon Mege, I decided to give him a call about a setting, thinking I would have a stone locally in a few days. He was very nice and directed me to Perry who seemed confident about being able to find a better stone at a lower price. After giving him my specifications and budget, he was able to pull this stone:

GIA Round Brilliant
1.39 carat
J
SI1
Excellent Cut, Polish, and Symmetry
7.31x.7.37x4.36
Depth: 59.4%
Table: 57%
Crown: 31.5
Pavilion: 41.4

Perry said it was a beautiful stone and had the spread of a 1.5 carat. He also said that it was a very white J (could be an I) and was totally eye clean, with only small clouds under the table. A few days later, when discussing the setting with Leon, he too said it was a beautiful stone. After tossing around some ideas, I went a version of the tulip solitaire, with a round raised shank instead of the knife edge.

I know the angles don't really mesh up with what's popular on these forums, but I totally trust the eyes of Perry and Leon.

I know my gf will love this ring. I can't wait to get it in three weeks and ask the big question! Thanks again for all of your help.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Glad that they approve of the stone! I bet it will be lovely! Do you have any photos to post?

DonRikkles

Rough_Rock
No, no pictures yet. I'll be sure to post once I receive the ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do post some pics...would love to see the finished product! I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see it!! When buying blindly- it's good to go "by the numbers" so you know what you are getting- but you had Perry and Lron as your eyes and that is a powerful too to have!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results