shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring I''m thinking about buying..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I am thinking about buying this Men's ring, its .75 carat total. each stone a quarter carat.

he wants $400, Im not sure about the clarity, cut, color yet. will be getting it looked at soon.
What clarity and color should I be looking for at 400 dollars?

any feedback
21.gif

regards,

Chris

wewewrt.jpeg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chris,

Well it could be that the diamonds are filthy but they don't look good to me - dark, dull and non sparkling. I would get an independant appraiser to check this ring out before putting a penny down on it. They also look tinted but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at colour from that picture and the setting surrounding them, clarity I would think the I grades and I can see from the photo the diamonds aren't cut well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:36:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hi Chris,

Well it could be that the diamonds are filthy but they don''t look good to me - dark, dull and non sparkling. I would get an independant appraiser to check this ring out before putting a penny down on it. They also look tinted but I wouldn''t want to hazard a guess at colour from that picture and the setting surrounding them, clarity I would think the I grades and I can see from the photo the diamonds aren''t cut well.
Ditto.

Is this new or used?

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
Its a used ring, I am not buying it yet, its currently being looked at by a certified
GIA gemologist.

My question is what specs should these diamonds have to make it worth it.

ex.
should they be SI-1 or better ? what color should they be?
how well should they be cut? for 400 dollars that is

Thankyou for your replies,
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:03:20 PM
Author: guilhermeesq
Its a used ring, I am not buying it yet, its currently being looked at by a certified
GIA gemologist.

My question is what specs should these diamonds have to make it worth it.

ex.
should they be SI-1 or better ? what color should they be?
how well should they be cut? for 400 dollars that is

Thankyou for your replies,
30.gif
Honestly, I couldn''t begin to say what they should be, but let me just say, you get what you pay for.
2.gif

CUT is the greatest factor in determining if a diamond will be beautiful. If it''s a lifeless chunk, it could be free, and that still wouldn''t be a bargain. The gemologist will be the best person to ask all your questions, and they will let you know what you''re looking at.
28.gif

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
sorry for spam but found another photo of the ring.

myringff.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results