shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring I''m thinking about buying..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I am thinking about buying this Men's ring, its .75 carat total. each stone a quarter carat.

he wants $400, Im not sure about the clarity, cut, color yet. will be getting it looked at soon.
What clarity and color should I be looking for at 400 dollars?

any feedback
21.gif

regards,

Chris

wewewrt.jpeg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chris,

Well it could be that the diamonds are filthy but they don't look good to me - dark, dull and non sparkling. I would get an independant appraiser to check this ring out before putting a penny down on it. They also look tinted but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at colour from that picture and the setting surrounding them, clarity I would think the I grades and I can see from the photo the diamonds aren't cut well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:36:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hi Chris,

Well it could be that the diamonds are filthy but they don''t look good to me - dark, dull and non sparkling. I would get an independant appraiser to check this ring out before putting a penny down on it. They also look tinted but I wouldn''t want to hazard a guess at colour from that picture and the setting surrounding them, clarity I would think the I grades and I can see from the photo the diamonds aren''t cut well.
Ditto.

Is this new or used?

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
Its a used ring, I am not buying it yet, its currently being looked at by a certified
GIA gemologist.

My question is what specs should these diamonds have to make it worth it.

ex.
should they be SI-1 or better ? what color should they be?
how well should they be cut? for 400 dollars that is

Thankyou for your replies,
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:03:20 PM
Author: guilhermeesq
Its a used ring, I am not buying it yet, its currently being looked at by a certified
GIA gemologist.

My question is what specs should these diamonds have to make it worth it.

ex.
should they be SI-1 or better ? what color should they be?
how well should they be cut? for 400 dollars that is

Thankyou for your replies,
30.gif
Honestly, I couldn''t begin to say what they should be, but let me just say, you get what you pay for.
2.gif

CUT is the greatest factor in determining if a diamond will be beautiful. If it''s a lifeless chunk, it could be free, and that still wouldn''t be a bargain. The gemologist will be the best person to ask all your questions, and they will let you know what you''re looking at.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Pink Diamonds for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
    Pink Diamonds for Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 10/18
    Men's Brooches
    Men's Brooches - 10/15
    5 Inspiring Jewelry Designers
    5 Inspiring Jewelry Designers - 10/13

Holloway Cut Advisor