Ring ideas of men’s ring with ruby

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
361E2BAC-54DA-4361-A839-6B0BD7D9AE40.jpeg

F2591ADA-8F06-43A8-99A5-95632D915A9D.jpeg

Hi 1E71D16B-8CB1-41D3-AAED-88967D4F2278.png

Hi guys.

I just received my delivery of my latest project - a 1.23ct cushion cut ruby.

My dilemma is this - what design of ring to set it in. It can’t be feminine, and needs to be really modern (if you have seen my other posts, you know my taste!).

Any ideas? See photos of stone attached.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few ideas

menrubyring.jpg

Mens-Modern-French-14K-Black-Gold-2-0-Ct-Ruby-Diamond-Wedding-Ring-R338M-14KBGBDR-T-700x700.jpg

IH7168_mens_ruby_silver_ring_gemologica_reviews.1.jpg

rubymenring.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that red would look killer w blackened brushed gold...or black with yellow gold mixed together...like this but more refined...

Screenshot_2018-04-11-08-49-57.png

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have to also post one of my favorite ring designs, though it is rustic and not modern I think it could totally work with a faceted gemstone:
ancient-roman-style-engagement-ring.png

https://www.krikawa.com/rings/ancient-roman-style-engagement-ring

S

SparkliesLuver

I love your ruby! :) What a stone.

This made me think of your style. Obviously you'd tailor it for your stone with rounded corners, but I really liked the overall idea and style.
Idea.jpg

Totally random, but I wanted to share. haha If you ever come across melee that you can't pass up, I absolutely love this ring design. I think it'd look wonderful on a man's hand.
Melee.jpg

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your ruby! :) What a stone.

This made me think of your style. Obviously you'd tailor it for your stone with rounded corners, but I really liked the overall idea and style.
Idea.jpg

Totally random, but I wanted to share. haha If you ever come across melee that you can't pass up, I absolutely love this ring design. I think it'd look wonderful on a man's hand.
Melee.jpg

Thanks

I love the first ring, it’s really modern (how I like)

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think that red would look killer w blackened brushed gold...or black with yellow gold mixed together...like this but more refined...

That’s beautiful!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Next question - what colour metal?

Rose
Silver
Yellow gold
Oxidised?

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for the ring @marymm posted in the scorched earth black gold color @bludiva posted! That bright fresh red would look amazing against the more rugged metal. It reminds me of something a spartan might wear. Very masculine.

Btw that ruby is AMAZING! :cheeky::love::love: That red is so vivid! If you ever get tired of it...please call me first!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
+1 for the ring @marymm posted in the scorched earth black gold color @bludiva posted! That bright fresh red would look amazing against the more rugged metal. It reminds me of something a spartan might wear. Very masculine.

Btw that ruby is AMAZING! :cheeky::love::love: That red is so vivid! If you ever get tired of it...please call me first!

Haha. Shall add you to the waitlist for the ruby if I get fed up of it...

I agree about the contrast of the stone with that type of metal.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for a plain, heavy yellow-gold gypsy-style (but no side diamonds). Let the stone speak for itself.

Some of the "fancy" ones above look too "CAD" for my taste (like a washer or an industrial part) and the rough-hewn primitive ones look too self-consciously masculine, imo (like something from Parade magazine for $19.99). This is something you and your family could have for generations.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha. Shall add you to the waitlist for the ruby if I get fed up of it...

I agree about the contrast of the stone with that type of metal.

Thanks :mrgreen2:... just not toooo soon. I have a feeling PS will keep me busy with wants and needs for a while yet:roll2:.

What are your favorite settings so far? Im curious since i know the ring i like best is also a little different than things you've previously selected. Would love to know what your vision was when buying the stone. Or is it one of those situations where you buy the stone and the ring will come in time?

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m really not sure which my favourite design is. I’m a person that never stops (much to my husbands annoyance!) and am always researching.

I do tend to buy a stone that I fall in love with, then the design comes after.

My next design after this is going to revolve around a cabochon emerald that I am currently having cut....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it 5 mm? 5.5 mm?

My vote is for heavy yellow gold, the more buttery the better.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw your other ring and I was curious of this ruby ever got set.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

This is gorgeous lol. This needs to be in ladies rings!!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just saw your other ring and I was curious of this ruby ever got set.

Not yet. I have so many stones that I need set, so it’s in the pipeline.

I’ve actually got a similar red spinel that I might have set with this ruby. Maybe a split band ring with the stones set at an angle facing each other??

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like a Moi et Toi? I LOVE that idea....but then again I love all shiny so can't say much about my tastes!

and as I am super nosy....What else do you have in the pipelines? I've been trying to convince DF that he needs a diamond as well...but he's being stubborn. I'm hopinig that showing him tons of beautiful PS men's rings will help change his opinion.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Like a Moi et Toi? I LOVE that idea....but then again I love all shiny so can't say much about my tastes!

and as I am super nosy....What else do you have in the pipelines? I've been trying to convince DF that he needs a diamond as well...but he's being stubborn. I'm hopinig that showing him tons of beautiful PS men's rings will help change his opinion.

Quite possibly a toi et moi ring. Something along those lines. There are lots of jewellers I follow on Instagram which serve as inspiration.

I currently have these stones waiting a metallic home -

Rose cut diamond
Tanzanite cabochon
2 x shield cut emeralds
2 x emerald cabochons
Carré cut diamond

So, a bit of a choice

You really need to get your other half to get some gems in his jewels!

partysocks

Rough_Rock
bevel edge comfort.png
Thought I would chime in extremely late with a mens band idea I've saved a few times. I think the ruby recessed in one of the bevelled sections would look amazing. With the ruby involved you could nix the diamonds but I didn't find a plain band in this style to upload.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
bevel edge comfort.png
Thought I would chime in extremely late with a mens band idea I've saved a few times. I think the ruby recessed in one of the bevelled sections would look amazing. With the ruby involved you could nix the diamonds but I didn't find a plain band in this style to upload.

I think this ring would look nice with the ruby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results