shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring has arrived! 4 prong or 6 prong?

nakel

Rough_Rock
Just want to thank all of you on PS I learned so much on here in such a short period of time. The diamond/ring I ordered just arrived and it’s so beautiful.

Everything else is perfect but the prongs are wrong. I had ordered a 6 prong setting but I received a 4 prong. I wanted to get your opinions to see which you preferred and if anyone has had their 4 prong damaged and lead to your diamond falling out? Im debating if I should just propose with the 4 prong and let her decide if she wants to send it back and get the 6 prong.

Here are some pics :

Attachments

• IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4404.jpeg
    IMG_4404.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4402.jpeg
    IMG_4402.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4410.jpeg
    IMG_4410.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 78

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of six prongs better. To me, four prongs takes on a kind of squarish look.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a time constraint? Are you proposing soon? Does your intended have a preference? Would she much prefer 6 prong? I would assess my answers to those questions to decide whether to send back.
It’s quite sad to part with a ring once you’ve been proposed to. If not in a rush, I’d send it back for my preferred setting. Good luck!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer the look and security of 6 prongs. I wore 4 prongs for many years, though, and never had any damaged prongs.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer 6 prongs for aesthetics and security but have a strong preference against peg heads.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I prefer 6 prongs for aesthetics and security but have a strong preference against peg heads.

I agree on both points. My engagement ring had a peg head and after seeing so many other rings I realized that it just wasn't the look that I prefer - very structured and rigid. I had it replaced with something that looks more like the Tiffany head and am much much happier with it.

OP - attaching pics of my before and after so you can see what we are talking about. Again, this is all just personal preference so if you love the current ring and are just questioning the 4 vs. 6 prongs that's perfectly fine. image1.jpeg tempImageLVtakA.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for six. More secure and more aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m in the process of looking at changing my 4 to 6 also. Your ring is stunning. Do you mind me asking who you purchased from. Thank you

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for 6 prong security and round appearance. It is what you ordered and what you should have received. They should fix it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also voting for 6 prongs but not those prongs you have on that setting. Agree with others, need more aesthetically pleasing
prongs.

Edit...where did you get the setting? We can point out some settings that have a little more elegant prongs.

nakel

Rough_Rock
Also voting for 6 prongs but not those prongs you have on that setting. Agree with others, need more aesthetically pleasing
prongs.

Edit...where did you get the setting? We can point out some settings that have a little more elegant prongs.

I’m in the process of looking at changing my 4 to 6 also. Your ring is stunning. Do you mind me asking who you purchased from. Thank you
Thank you and I ordered it from Brilliance.com as they had the best price for the diamond that I found.

They have an office local to me and I spoke to the owner today he said I can bring in the ring to change for the 6 prong if I want and would only take a few days to get it done. My partner likes the simple thin solitaire settings and it seemed they all had the peg heads. If you see something better let me know and I could probably swap it out

Thank you alll!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results