shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Care Question

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
If there's a thread for this, please point me to it!

I've had my CVB engraved rings for about a week now and I don't want to take them off! Which means I've been applying lotion then putting them back on immediately, cooking, washing dishes, etc., and I finally decided to try to clean my rings with the provided cleaner and brush. It might be my lighting but the dark sections between the engraved sections look lighter. Is it possible to clean out the dark, antiqued areas? I can't get a good picture, but I'll attach the original pic of the ring for reference of the dark vs light areas in the engraved sections.

Any tips for future care? I really don't want to have to send them back since I waited so long to wear them, hoping it looks ok tomorrow in daylight!
Image-150.jpg

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Adding some not so great pics I just took (after the cleaning)

20181211_204556.jpg 20181211_204853.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to ask so it's clear in my head - are you concerned that cleaning will remove the darkened areas of patina? Or do you want to remove the darker areas?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to ask so it's clear in my head - are you concerned that cleaning will remove the darkened areas of patina? Or do you want to remove the darker areas?

After a couple of times reading I think she has already removed some of the dark antiquing when she cleaned it. I think she wants the antiquing/darkness
back.

Rubysweatart...how hard did you scrub it? Scrubbing lightly should have removed the grim. You need to contact CVB and see what she says. I think
a local jeweler can probably put the antiquing back in but I think you need to call CVB first and ask her.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
I am worried I removed it and I didn't want to! I didn't scrub hard and mostly focused on the stone but the halo is right there, too. I'll email Caysie about it.

Are there any ways in the future to clean the oils and such off the stone without having to worry about removing the patina?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is just oxidization making the patina, perhaps there is a way you can 'force' the process at home and then just buff off the relief-work to make it shiny??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results