shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Box Help / Antique / Heirloom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbretton

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Well, the ring is finally done, and I am rather pleased! However, now I am in dire need of ring box help.

What I would like to do is find a very special ring box that will become a family heirloom, ~something that my children could inherit and use when they propose someday~.

To this end, I would like something that is somewhat simple, elegant and beautiful. An antique item would be very exciting.

I was hoping to find a ring box that was made of silver or porcelean, and had a theme of "rose", or "roses".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Dennis

dbretton

Rough_Rock
attached a small picture

ness_small.JPG

MichaelF

Rough_Rock

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Great idea Dennis,

I'd suggest a Limoges porcelain box. The are collectible, and I believe you can even get one that is specifically for an engagement. There's definitely a wide variety to choose from. Good luck! http://www.limogesporcelainboxes.com/
(no affiliation, I just collect 'em and this place has a great selection)

gardengirl
9.gif

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
How much money do you want to spend? When I was looking for a similar item (I went with a hand-carved and inlaid marble box) and was toying with the idea of getting a Limoges ring box, eBay had a few very nice antique sterling silver ring boxes by Birks that looked pretty cool. They were averaging around $100. I also saw a bunch of vintage bakelite or plastic deco ring boxes on eBay for decent prices.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I definitely second the ebay idea. If you go with a silver box, you should get sterling silver, not silver plate. (Esp. for an heirloom.) They have a number of beautiful options on there right now. (I'm not the seller.
1.gif
) You could get a sterling box on ebay for less than the plated boxes on one of those links above!

Limoges is also a good way to go, but I personally love the sterling idea.
9.gif

Beautiful ring, btw, and good luck!

-Melissa

dbretton

Rough_Rock
hanks for the idea... My g/f's (soon to be fiance) name is Rose...

Nice pictures! This is along the lines of what I am looking for.

Limoges are a nice idea, too. Many of the ones I have found are either a little too decorative, or not quite right. I am trying to find something which is both elegant and timeless.

As far as my budget is concerned, I would like to keep it under $400, but, aside from that, I am quite open to ideas!

Keep the ideas coming.
1.gif

Thanks again.

Regards,
Dennis

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Here's a pic and an url for one ebay option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2547600830&category=1215

silverbox1.jpg

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
And here's another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2547603584&category=1215

There are currently several others as well. Search "sterling silver ring box."

silverbox2.jpg

dbretton

Rough_Rock
Hello dancingmelimel,

These are quite nice. These are closer to what I originally had in mind, though the limoges are also very nice. In sterling silver, I am looking for something in between the two you posted in terms of the level of ornateness. These are very nice pieces.

Thanks for tip on the search criteria.

Keep the ideas coming!
1.gif

Thanks again.

Regards,
Dennis

dbretton

Rough_Rock
~

~

~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results