shape
carat
color
clarity

ring/band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sean_morrison44

Rough_Rock
so i got this eng ring for my fi (as i showed before..like in august) for a great price. when i had purchased the ring, i got a quote for the non diamond part of the ring straight away, and i asked again to make sure there were no hidden fees..and got responded "
> > > > > >5. $500 was an estimate, but I should be within 10%. Shipping is
> > >free
> > > > >and
> > > > > >we''ll set the stone for free as long as it''s purchased from us."...so they ended up using that estimate price.

so anyways, now i decided it was time to start looking for a wedding band, so i went with that same person. That same person (the head person of the company gave a quote)..it went as follows:
"As to price, I think the wedding band is going to be just a little bit more
>expensive than the engagement ring, given that we''ll have additional
>precious gemstones. That might put the band at closer to $600 with all
>sapphires, maybe less"
that person went away and so i ended up getting involved with other sales people, and i shipped the ring to match last week ..and got a call today saying the quote to match it is 750
i just dont know what to make of this. i mean i know when i was looking for the eng ring, i came across a site that had a matching wedding band with it (THe difference being that eng ring had a blue sapphire in the center)
http://www.myjewelrysource.com/sapphire-rings/GR5220-blue-sapphire-rings.htm
that matching band is just under 600..so i was figurign around that price for a matching band (since i''m asking for an all sapphire band)
i know to people who spend a lot, 150 more might not seem so much, but i''m a student trying to pay for a wedding and honeymoon
emwink.gif

so anyones, i''m just asking for peoples reactions..should this be no big deal? and what do you think a good price for a quality sapphire wedding band should be? (fyi..the sapphires totaled .10 ct weight in the engagement ring, and with the quote they said it involved 12 sapphries)
and last, should i email anything to that head person?

engring.jpg

sean_morrison44

Rough_Rock
thanks, anyone else got opinions? this isnt just some out of blue company, its one i actually found from using this website :)

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I agree, that seems a little too steep.

sean_morrison44

Rough_Rock
thanks eb for your response too.
this is the mail i just got now..

Inflation!
>
>Seriously, though, all of our prices went up recently because some of our
>manufacturing partners complained that we have not kept in line with current
>metals.
>
>Since you were expecting $600, though, I can squeeze them for $650.
>
>Sound fair?
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: sean morrison [mailto:[email protected]]

>
>
>how''d the price take a jump?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is your job to get the best price.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Well, this one is $675 with alternating diamonds and sapphires. Does the one you want with sapphires go all the way around?

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5413&catid=126&filter_id=0&nav1=band_channel.asp&page=5&show_all_pages=0&col=2&row=4&pos=11&set_shape=

Can you just get it from the link you posted?

ETA: I guess it would be better to have the same place make it, so it matches. This was custom, right? I guess the $650 isn't too bad if it's a custom job. I dunno...anyone else?

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an answer to your question but I did want to say that I really like that ering with the princess cut and channel set sapphires! Its beautiful! Great choice.

blingless

Rough_Rock
First, that ring is awesome! What a lovely chioce. Second, it doesn''t matter whether it a great deal of money to someone else. All that is important is that its a lot of money to you. After reading pricescope for several months without ever registering or posting I can say that the floks here seem genuinely knowledgable and very helpful. I know that metal prices have escalated and $750 does seem a bit high for the matching band. I''m not sure where to shop for one but it definitely seem worth shoping around a bit to see if you can shave the cost back down to where it was. Best of luck and let us know how you make out.

sean_morrison44

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the input everyone!
before we got the ring, we were thinking of a diamond/sapphire alternating matching band..however afterwords i did get some input on here from Tacori E-Ring
"I don''t like the business of alternating rings unless they are 3 diamonds to 1 sapphire (or other way around) but every other would take away from her beautiful e-ring IMHO. "
and once my fi saw it she changed her mind to wanting all sapphires
and to clear this up..yes, the e-ring was custom made from them-i found a picture a liked from some other website (i''m trying to find that site now),a nd worked with the company on making a similar one to the picture... so for them to match it it would be custom too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results