shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring appraisal

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
I upgraded my oval center stone from .78 to 1.04 ct. I had an appraisal done on my ring with the new lab grown diamond. I used the same appraiser to do the new appraisal.
However I was surprised to pick up the appraisal Saturday and noticed that it is not calculating correctly. She calculated my setting as being significantly smaller than the first appraisal and it's the same setting. So now the appraisal shows the total carat weight to be less even though the center stone is much bigger. The first appraisal with the .78 center stone, shows a total carat weight with setting and wedding bands to be 1.84.
The new appraisal shows total carat weight to be 1.82 with the bigger 1.04 center stone . She must have mis calculated somewhere bc I know I did not loose that much carat weight in my setting and bands. Should I call the jeweler where I had the appraisal done and see what they say? (an independent appraiser come once a month)

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Call the appraiser directly and ask her. Her contact information should be in the body of the report but if it isn't there, ask the store.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
[QUOTE="removed at request of OP”
[/QUOTE]

She is paid by the vendor.
That means she might well be doing what the retailer's demand not what clients need.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @denverappraiser the jeweler did reach back out to me that she spoke with the appraiser and she will review the photos of my ring and the 2 appraisals. I did feel the appraisal seemed low (appraised at $4500), although with the discrepancy with my setting ct weight it will probably be higher after she reviews everything. I feel that because of the lab grown oval she is appraising it a lot lower. I understood it would be lower, however I worry that if something were to happen to my ring, I wouldn't have enough money to have it remade again. Does that amount seem low given my setting?

Attachments

• PXL_20230717_004207534.jpg
    PXL_20230717_004207534.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 18

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If both center stones were grown not natural diamonds - then what the smaller stone cost then vs what the larger stone costs now may well be the issue.
The prices are falling very fast as oversupply ramps up.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @denverappraiser I have an update from the jeweler. She called me yesterday after speaking with the appraiser. She apologized and said the appraiser will need to redo the appraisal entirely but that she is going to refund me in full the appraisal fee and will have it redone at no charge. She is unsure where her numbers are off but will redo it. Unfortunately I will have to wait until September when she will be in next but I was happy with this solution.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lisamarieslistings You need to create your own thread on this ring (vs. taking over someone else's thread that has
nothing to do with your ring).

Create a thread by Selecting the blue Post Thread button on the upper right side of the screen (while viewing the forum listing). Then scroll to the correct forum that you want to create the thread in.

If you need more help, let me know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results