shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring appraisal necessary for shipping?

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Question for the trade professionals on this board - do you (meaning the jeweler) have to have a formal appraisal done on a ring to insure it for shipping or can you just "ballpark" the value of the piece?

(We are getting it independently appraised once it arrives for insurance so am not worried about once it gets to me...)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
most of the trade professionals are in Vegas for the show this weekend so I'm not sure they will see this until next week.

But, you do not have to have a formal appraisal to ship. You'll want to insure it for it's value in case it would get lost and you would need to be reimbursed.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LoveMunkie|1307129499|2937093 said:
Question for the trade professionals on this board - do you (meaning the jeweler) have to have a formal appraisal done on a ring to insure it for shipping or can you just "ballpark" the value of the piece?

(We are getting it independently appraised once it arrives for insurance so am not worried about once it gets to me...)

If the jeweler shipping it is the jeweler who made it, he knows how much to insure it for. If he is shipping something for someone as a favor, he will ask how much they want it insured for.

No appraisal is needed for shipping.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results