shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring appraisal and Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
I have a quick question for those of you who have ring insurance and purchased from a company that sends you an appraisal with your ring like WF did you use that appraisal to insure your ring or did you get it appraised somewhere else?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I didn't use the appraisals that came with any of my things. i always got an independant one done. The reason for it is because I didn't want to pay too high of a premium and I found (no offense to WF or GOG) that theirs was a bit inflated.

I did make sure the independant one covered the cost plus some in case there is a loss.

I also went with an independant appraiser because I just wanted to confirm what my GIA/AGS reports said.

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 3:16:58 PM
Author: elle_chris
I didn''t use the appraisals that came with any of my things. i always got an independant one done. The reason for it is because I didn''t want to pay too high of a premium and I found (no offense to WF or GOG) that theirs was a bit inflated.

I did make sure the independant one covered the cost plus some in case there is a loss.

I also went with an independant appraiser because I just wanted to confirm what my GIA/AGS reports said.
Thanks for the reply....Do you know about how much an appraisal usually costs and where do people usually go to get one done?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Scroll over the "Resources" tab at the top of the page, and then click "Appraisers." You should be able to find out in your area. Make sure they''re independant in that they don''t buy, sell, or recommend.

As far as cost it depends. Some charge by the hour, others may just give you a flat rate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results