shape
carat
color
clarity

Riggs & Walton for a custom setting ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking for someone to make a custom setting for "yellow" (see avitar). I just got a nice quote from a company called Riggs & Walton. Anyone know of the work that their goldsmith does?

Also, how do I do this? If they do the setting, they want to have the stone, not just the dimensions. I guess I have to get the stone appraised and insured first? I bought it at a great price, so I guess I''d need an appraisal first, in order to insure it for a correct amount?

Then who would be responsible if the stone breaks when they set it?

Oh, and can appraisers do Sarin''s? I really want to get it''s angles and dimensions before it''s set.

Thanks.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I do not know about this particular jeweler but I can answer your other questions :D

Depends on what the insurance requires, some insurance companies simply ask for a receipt but if you want the insurance company to replace your diamond of equal quality you must have a detailed appraisal.

Most jewelers will not accept responsibility for the possible breakage or chipping of a stone that they did not sell and once insured, the insurance company will replace or give you the value of the stone depending on which insurance company you go with.

As for the SARIN report, it depends on if the appraisers have that particular machine. If that is an antique diamond in your avatar (which I hope it is because it''s gorgeous!)... a Sarin report is "unnecessary" as Ari put it when I showed him my SARIn report on the antique cushion we had purchased.

I believe Jewelers Mutual is the only insurance company I know of that insures the diamond during the setting process. You can get the insurance, and once it''s set cancel the insurance and get the remaining say, 10 months (if the jeweler takes say, 8 weeks to create the ring) back and you can take that refund and put it towards a Chubb plan which has a cash out policy if that is what you prefer. For both Chubb and Jewelers Mutual you pay the entire year''s premium and then if you happen to cancel the policy they simply refund you the remaining months.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.

Good luck :D

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks so much Resonance !

---which I hope it is because it''s gorgeous!----

Awww, thanks. That''s my baby. Yes, that''s the one I''m speaking about.

--a Sarin report is "unnecessary" as Ari put it when I showed him my SARIn report on the antique cushion we had purchased---

Oh, I know. I''m just fascinated with this stone (and old cuts, in general) and want to know more about it (meaning Sarin).

Re: insurance companies.

I have my other stone as a rider on my State Farm homeowners policy. I''ve heard that was the cheaper and better way to go rather than a separate Chubb or Jewelers Mutual.

---Hopefully this is helpful to you.---

Very, very, very helpful. I want to thank you so much for your time and energy. Really.

Best, Sonoma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results