shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Sherwood

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Richard Sherwood,

I was wondering how did you do all the simulations of the idealscope? And if possible can you do one for my diamond? Just wondering how it would look.

1.3 ct, G, VVS1
Depth: 61.7%
Table: 55%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavil angle: 40.8
Cutlet: 0.4
Girdle: medium
Fluour: Faint Blue
polish/symmetry is ex/ex

appl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Looking! (Or can I call you Just?) That's quite some stone you got there. I ran two different simulated IdealScope images with different minor facet arrangements. Your stone may look similar, or have different minor facet arrangements, but either way it looks like it's probably a blazing inferno. (The images come from the DiamCalc software developed by the Russian cut geeks over at Moscow State University.)

Here's the POSSIBLE numbers for your stone's light performance:
.............................Image #1.................................Image #2
Light Return (mono)…...: 1.01 Very Good....................1.00 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.99 Very Good...................0.98 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 0.99 Very Good.....................0.97 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 0.96 Very Good....................0.96 Very Good
Contrast............................: 0.97 Very Good...........0.96 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good...................1.00 Very Good

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects..
-----------

1.30 RBC- Looking.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
By the way, your stone ranks a "0" on the AGS Cut Ranking scale, and a "1A" on the AGA Cut Class scale (the top grade, even more stringent than the AGS scale).

Congratulations!

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Actually, you can't call me justlooking anymore because I just bought the diamond. Maybe I should change my name to justbought.
loopy.gif

thanks for the simulation and the great info. I've just been looking for reasons to tell myself that I bought a good diamond and I made the right choice. Been going a little crazy with all of this.

Thanks again

Jimmy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about JustBoughtAmazingStone? That stone looks like a winner! Post pics when you get it...
2.gif
Congrats!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice!!!!! Congrats and... Be sure to change your name!
2.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results