shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer''s website has one less stone any guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
There''s a stone missing on Richard''s site and It''s on it''s way to my house!!!
3.gif
It should be here tomorrow between 9 am and 7pm and I''m going crazy waiting for it. I''ve been stalking the stone hoping that no one else would scoop it up before I had the money together and now it''s almost in my hot little hands. You will all have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is
27.gif
but I promise a photo shoot as soon as it gets here! I''ve never spent this much money on anything in my life, I am so nervous. Is it normal to worry that it''s sitting alone in some warehouse, what if it gets lost.... I think I''m officially crazy.
19.gif

I am willing to take anyone''s gueses as to the nature of the incomming shipment......

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hmmm, colored stone? JK!
2.gif
I''m a terrible guesser....but look forward to the surprise!

cheers--Sharon

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Seems like there are fewer of those amazing pink sapphires out there.
1.gif

ETA: No more rubies out there, either.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
lol...colored stone that''s a good guess.

fly girl, well it''s not a pink sapphire but you are near the right color range...
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have been eyeing his eye-popping pink spinels as well.
3.gif
The chips off the $6 mil rough are amazing.
30.gif
If only my bank account would allow for another pretty.....

historychick

Shiny_Rock
It''s here, and I have to dash out the door to class...I''ll resize the pics when I get home and post them tonight, sorry about the delay but learning calls.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
okay back from class and here is the photo shoot as promised...

pics of ruby 001.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
the next layer....this box was harder to get into than Fort Knox

pics of ruby 002.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
with my grubby little toddler''s paws trying to get in the mix

pics of ruby 004.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
ta da.....If anyone guessed the Ruby they were right and it''s ready for it''s close up

pics of ruby 008.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
another... this thing was so hard to photograph in real life it''s screaming red but the color looks so washed out in pictures.

pics of ruby 009.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
here is a hand shot, it''s a little firecraker

pics of ruby 010.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
another

pics of ruby 011.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
here it is in it''s home with it''s friends... a 1.40 ct 6.5mm saphire, and a small color change garnet, and a very small 3mm green sapphire. The ruby is .92ct, 5.6mm, from Burma and is completely natural with no treatment. Swoon...

pics of ruby 012.JPG

historychick

Shiny_Rock
This is the closest thing I could get to a daylight shot. It did not arrive until 6pm, and it rained all day and there was no sunshine for it to show it''s flourescence. I''ll post pics of it sparkling in the sun when I can if you guys want to see them. I hope I didn''t bore any one I''m just really excited.

pics of ruby 013.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yay historychick! Lovely stone! What do you have planned for that beauty?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ruby, I love it

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful!!! You got the ruby!! Definitely want to see more pictures of that beauty.
3.gif
Glowing in the sun would be great!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

historychick

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! I plan to set it in a ring. I wanted the prong halo from whiteflash in yellow gold. I think the halo will give it a little ommph since it''s not a huge stone. However I spent all of my budget for the project on the stone alone
20.gif
I just could not resist it''s call. I have not yet decided wether I should have whiteflash set it in a simple yellow gold tiffany setting so that I can enjoy it now while I save for the halo setting, or just skip the temporary setting and put the money towards the halo. It might be at least 6 mo. to a year before I can save up for the halo....
39.gif
the thought of not wearing it for a whole year is sad-what do you guys think I should do I''m open to suggestions.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
here is the vendor pic in case anyone missed it.

6122Ruby.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wait until you see that ruby glowing in the sunlight.
3.gif
I definitely think you should put it in a simple secure setting sooner rather than later so you can enjoy it. Shop around for the best deal, then save up for your ideal setting.

So glad you got the ruby. I look forward to seeing more pictures of it.
2.gif
I got Richard''s ruby pair (they weren''t on his website for very long)! I''ve got an appointment with a designer on Saturday to see about setting them.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have a temp setting for my sapphire, I am glad I get to wear my sapphire as my ring, and my stone is a good size, so it holds well as a solitare. Here are some pros and cons in my mind

Pros
I got a bigger stone with really nice color
31.gif

I fits well with my life right now. Pave on my right hand will be better in a year or 2 for me

Cons
It ended up being more expensive than I wanted with the price of gold right now and setting fees
There is that part of me that wants the halo setting right now
11.gif

Some stuff to think about. I am not going to do a temp setting for my tsav, I am going to just set it once. But I have a RHR to wear already, so the desire to set it is not as strong as when I got my sapphire.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIce stone --and good choice for setting (whenever you choose to do that....)!

cheers--Sharon

historychick

Shiny_Rock
thanks fly girl I definitely can''t wait to see it in the sunlight...it''t still raining here
39.gif
. Also let''s see pics of that ruby pair! unless I missed them in that case please post the thread if you can.

Lt. firecracker, thanks for the pros and cons of temp settings I am so indecicive...is that your tsav in your avatar, it''s yummy
30.gif

gecko dani, canuk gal, thanks for the congrats, I''m so excited.
3.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning!!! What incredible intensity! I''d say temp pendant until you can get the ring you want.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful Cherry Red Ruby!
30.gif
I look forward to seeing how you set it!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Yes it is...thank you
1.gif

Take you time and think it through, the ruby isn''t going anywhere. Hope the sun comes out

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 10:12:01 AM
Author: historychick
thanks fly girl I definitely can''t wait to see it in the sunlight...it''t still raining here
39.gif
. Also let''s see pics of that ruby pair! unless I missed them in that case please post the thread if you can.
Richard''s picture of the ruby pair is here Link

I''m holding one of them here in one of my Playing in the Sun shots. Link

I kept eyeing the one you got, but you can''t have everything you want.
39.gif
It looks like a beauty, and I''m so happy a PSer got it, so I can enjoy it through your pictures.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, its a beautiful stone. I really want to buy my mother ruby. She loves them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results