shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know Richard Homer''s return policy - if any?
I bought something, received it today, and I am not TOTALLY enamored.
7.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have a look at his website.

Did you not ask before you bought?

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
The link that has his policies is not working. Don''t know if it''s a temporary thing or what.

And, no, I didn''t. It didn''t occur to me that I wouldn''t be completely in love with it since I had been wanting one for so long.
7.gif

I''ll just wait until tomorrow and email him. Just thought somebody might know.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you get, just out of curiosity?

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
A round aqua. 7.1 mm, 1.38 ct.
It is unheated and perhaps I am used to only seeing heated stones, but I really don''t think that''s what my problem is.
I was wearing a grey t-shirt and even changed thinking it was reflecting grey overtones, but that''s not it either (I changed).

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I''m *pretty* sure his return policy is within 7 days from the time you receive it, but I would definitely email him to be certain.

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
I bought something recently that is being returned also (stunning gem, but the colour is, um, too good for my taste
20.gif
)

I enquired before I purchased and was told I had three business days to let him know that I wanted to return it, and the return could be for either another gem (what I''m doing) or a refund.

I''m not in the US though, so he may have slightly different return policies if you are? I''d contact and ask. I was so shy and nervous of having to say I wanted to return the stone I bought and he was very nice about it.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 7:47:07 PM
Author: Lupinbunny

I enquired before I purchased and was told I had three business days to let him know that I wanted to return it, and the return could be for either another gem (what I''m doing) or a refund.

Actually, that sounds right. I think the 3 business days to let him know you plan on returning it is exactly right

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
Thanks, MPinky!

LBunny - I know. I am dreading writing the email saying I''m not thrilled with it.
7.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 7:53:14 PM
Author: funtobewith
Thanks, MPinky!

LBunny - I know. I am dreading writing the email saying I''m not thrilled with it.
7.gif
I wouldn''t worry about it - from my limited dealings with him (no purchases.... yet) he seems like a good guy, and would hopefully want you to be happy with your purchase.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 8:11:40 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 8/20/2008 7:53:14 PM

Author: funtobewith

Thanks, MPinky!

7.gif

I wouldn''t worry about it - from my limited dealings with him (no purchases.... yet) he seems like a good guy, and would hopefully want you to be happy with your purchase.

Ditto to this--he was fabulous to work with. I think as long as you are honest about how you feel and simply say that you don''t 100% love it he''ll completely understand

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t feel bad. Enjoying coloured gemstones is a very personal experience and one person''s favourite colour might be another person''s yuckiest colour. I''m sure Richard will understand.

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
Don''t worry about writing the e-mail. I wrote back saying that it wasn''t the gem for me, even though it was very lovely, and I''d prefer something more like blah blah, but that I was very excited to be ultimately working with him to get the perfect stone (if you just want your money back that might not be a great template to go with thought :) ).

And he responded saying he completely understood that it was important that I get ''the'' stone, and that the upside to my taste was that it would actually be cheaper than what I already purchased, and that he didn''t have anything quite suitable (some of you might have noticed my ''which replacement stone should I get?'' type thread of me stressing about their not being quite the right thing), but he could cut some rough while the gem was being shipped back so I had a new range to choose from! How''s that for awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results