shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer Pink Tourmaline with Ocean Pearlman and Wink Jones Magic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tout on what a great job Richard Homer, Ocean Pearlman, and Wink Jones did on a pendant for my wife this past Christmas (I''m posting now as we were on vacation until today). She has been wanting “something pink” for a while now, which I originally approached Richard Homer with back in June 2007. We discussed her color options and he ended up cutting multiple stones of which I finally picked this particular one. I actually felt bad because the stone I picked was the first one that he cut. I talked to Wink about setting the stone and he pointed me in Ocean Pearlman’s direction. She did a CAD rendering of what I was hoping for and it was exactly what I wanted. I’ve attached pictures below, but the main reason I wanted to post was just to say what a pleasure it was to work with all 3 of them. Richard, Ocean, and Wink were all fantastic to work with. They are very kind and attentive to every detail no matter how miniscule. Richard’s stones are masterpieces as everyone probably already knows. Ocean’s craftsmanship is un-paralleled, she did an amazing job on the setting, it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures. Finally Wink...who could forget Wink, everytime I talk with him it feels like I’m talking with someone I’ve known for ages. Wink is a consummate professional and just a great human being. He always seems to know what the best route is for what I want to do. Beyond that he seems to know just about everyone in the business. Anyways, here are some pics thanks to all 3 of these folks. This first one is just the gemstone alone.

P03456.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Here is the stone in Ocean Pearlman''s wonderfully crafted pendant, it looks in person like it''s just floating there, she did an AMAZING job!

P1010547vr.JPG

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
...and a side view of the filigree she did

P1010544vr.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous!

Wink did my e-ring, my FSIL''s e-ring and is now working on a friend''s e-ring - so I know just what you mean about him being GREAT to work with!

I''m sure your wife is thrilled to bits with that pink beauty!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
She really does love it, she has worn it everywhere! As for Wink, he has always been spectacular, he did a pendant for a Richard Homer Spessartite I got for her birthday last year. Per jewelers, I don''t think there is anyone out there I trust more than Wink. Anyways, I just had 2 more pics I wanted to show then I''ll stop

P1010523wk.JPG

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
...and another side view

P1010531sv.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, it''s just stunning!! The color is an amazing pink and I just LOVE the side view!!! What an awsome present for your wife!
36.gif
36.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. What an amazing stone! The setting frames the cut of the stone beautifully
30.gif
I saw couple of other stones cut the same way on concavegems.com and thought they looked interesting but this cut looks spectacular IRL!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my word!!! I am in love with that pendant!!! I love the color of that stone and the setting is spectacular. It is perfect for the stone. What a beautiful job Richard and Ocean did. Wink is great too. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can see why you are enjoying this pendant so much.........
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the detail in the pendant!!! What an alive stone, soo much fire and the cut shows that beauty off! Congrats and enjoy! Cheers!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow that pendant IS magical!
What a beauty!
I could look at that stone for DAYS!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love it!

DD
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is Just. Stunning.
30.gif
The stone, the setting, perfect.
36.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I don''t know what else to say... LOL!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, i love the stone, the setting, everything...just perfection....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the concave cut of the pink tourmaline; it''s not the usual lines coming outwards. It shows an almost flowery pattern. The setting is also gorgeous. It looks as though there''s no metal holding the stone, then there''s the pretty scroll work on the side. Great vision, great stone, great setting all pulled together by Wink.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not usually appreciative of tourmalines.....but i agree with everything Chrono said! a very elegant and thoughtful gift!

movie zombie

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning pendant. It looks like one of the prettiest concave cut stones I''ve seen.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh.... I want that setting with an asscher in it. SWOON! She did a lovely job and the pendant is so beautiful with that bright pink stone! Congrats!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am "pink" with envy.......

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
at
is just

PHENOMENAL!
Your wife is a lucky lady; may she wear it in good health!

And ditto what Gypsy! said, I'd love to see an asscher in that setting!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That pendant is just breathtaking! I''ll bet it is amazing in person.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
On the contrary to the above...I''m a lucky guy to have my wife, she is truely an amazing person. Since I had them here are a couple of neck shots. Ocean did a great job with how the stone just seems to float there...it''s really cool to see in person. It''s great to have such talented people in the world!

P1010559ns.JPG

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
...and one more...

Heatherpendantv.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 9:45:52 AM
Author: Chrono
I love the concave cut of the pink tourmaline; it''s not the usual lines coming outwards. It shows an almost flowery pattern. The setting is also gorgeous. It looks as though there''s no metal holding the stone, then there''s the pretty scroll work on the side. Great vision, great stone, great setting all pulled together by Wink.

DITTO!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W!!! Such a magnificent gem, pendant, design - it''s just perfect and looks fantastic on your wife!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wife is beautiful and her pendant looks so gorgeous on her. I love that color pink!!!!! It is to die for.

Linda

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
what a stunning pendant is is truely beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results