shape
carat
color
clarity

richard homer in santa cruz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, now that i''ve got your attention! its not him but one of his stones set by a designer whose name i can''t remember: a bit over 7 carats of concave cut SPESSARTITE set very simply in 18 carat gold with a euro-shank which includes a diamond in one corner of said euro-shank. the mount itself is a semi-bezel but done in such a way that it looks like leaves have cupped the stone....and a lot of the pavillion is exposed so a lot of light gets into this puppy and allows those concave cuts to really sparkle.

this is the first richard homer i''ve seen and it by far outshines any other concave cut stones i''ve seen....but admittedly i''ve seen very few. the store employee was simply amazed that i knew who he is and admitted to not having visited his website...which i of course promptly gave her with the recommendation that it was time well spent poking around there.

should you be in the santa cruz area and wish to see this beauty, visit The Vault downtown on pacific avenue. the new owners have an interest in color stones which is obvious in the new items they''re carrying.

movie zombie

ps the stone is a bit shallow for the carat weight and presents face up as HUGE....it faces up as a more distinct oval and larger than my 8.18 spess.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ: Did you see the Spess on Jeff White''s list he sent out to his members??? It is a beauty.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results