shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer in Berkeley

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Hello...

I got a postcard in the mail yesterday from Pave Fine Jewelry, a jeweler in Berkeley, California. Richard Homer is going to visit their store. I have no relationship with Pave, just thought maybe y''all might find it interesting... I think you have to RSVP for this event. I can''t remember all the details, but they do have info on their site:

http://www.pavefinejewelry.com/gemstoneparty.html

kimiko

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the info! getting into the bay area is easier for me weekdays.....and i may try and make this event. i''ll call for particulars.

movie zombie

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Will he be showing his stones and will they be for sale?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:50:39 AM
Author: swingirl
Will he be showing his stones and will they be for sale?
Yes, that is the whole idea. I attended one of these events in Minneapolis last fall, and wrote about it here. Link

It is a lot of fun if you can make it. There is no pressure to buy and you learn a lot.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Flygirl--

Now I''m thinking about going to this! Any other Bay Area PSers want to go?

I don''t have the budget for anything on this scale right now. I''d just be windowshopping.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 7:13:38 PM
Author: kimikocat
Flygirl--

Now I''m thinking about going to this! Any other Bay Area PSers want to go?

I don''t have the budget for anything on this scale right now. I''d just be windowshopping.
They would still love to have you.

I didn''t buy anything from Richard Homer, but I did decide a number of months later to have the store owner and designer make me the pendant in my avatar. I hadn''t known about her work before. So, windowshopping is good, for you and for them.

Hope you can make it and post some pictures!
3.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Any other Bay Area PSers game? PM me and let me know... Maybe I''ll make a group reservation ;-)

It''s at their Fourth Street location, in Berkeley. Just think of all the other shopping you could do...before the Richard Homer gemstone party!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:51:31 PM
Author: kimikocat
Any other Bay Area PSers game? PM me and let me know... Maybe I''ll make a group reservation ;-)

It''s at their Fourth Street location, in Berkeley. Just think of all the other shopping you could do...before the Richard Homer gemstone party!

No PM''s here, so you might want to check this thread for replies! Wish I was still in that area...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not in bay area but have to pass through it to get to berkeley.....thinking about going but its getting close to when i depart for mexico for 3 weeks and time may be short.....also, i don''t really want to be tempted to spend the $$$$!

movie zombie

ps but i''m still thinking about going!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Oops! I''m used to forums w/ PMs.

Ah well, leave a msg here then. It''d be fun to meet other PSers.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking of going. The only day I have available is Thursday. Can anyone make that?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Please please please someone go and take a zillion pictures? I''d love to go myself, but I''m stuck on this crummy east coast.
39.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I would be game for going and could probably make it on Thurs. I would LOVE to see his stuff in person. Hell, I would also love to buy a new shiny toy but saving for a home has really wrecked my ability to "spend"!
20.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I totally understand that whole thing about being short on cash for new shiny toys.

I have a few ongoing jewelry projects so I don''t have money to spend on loose stones
7.gif
I wonder if they''ll let me in "on the spur of the moment"?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So did anyone go?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results