shape
carat
color
clarity

RHR bigger than E-ring, would you do it?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I don’t recall seeing this hot pink sapphire you mention? I have one also, that I wear on my RH. It is a perfect 1ct oval from Madagascar, set in a simple platinum solitaire. Please post a picture of yours!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lone man out but no, I would not. I always want my engagement ring to be the star but clearly not everyone feels this way. Variety makes the world go round - ha!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Not only do I wear a RHR that is bigger than my e-ring, but most people would actually consider my RHR to be more e-ring-like than my actual e-ring. Technically speaking, my RHR is less in carats than my e-ring, but they are different stones, so I don't think that's an accurate comparison. As far as dimensions go, my RHR is definitely bigger than my e-ring. My e-ring is an alexandrite that is about 6.8mm x 4.3mm. My RHR is a marquise diamond that is about 9.5mm x 4.5mm. I also got my RHR after my e-ring.

My husband has made comments about how my RHR is bigger than my e-ring - I think there is a tinge of truth/insecurity to his comments, but really it's more about giving me a good-natured hard time. He knows I wasn't seeking out a bigger ring or another ring at all. Rather, I had the opportunity to get the ring and only had to pay for the setting due to a very generous PS giveaway I was fortunate enough to win a few years ago. I never would have this RHR without it.

To me, my e-ring and RHR are so distinctly different that they don't compete with one another. Having an alexandrite, not a diamond, for my e-ring while I have a diamond for my RHR might be unusual. However, I LOVE that an alexandrite is my e-ring. When we first started talking about engagement, my husband had said he wanted to get me a natural alexandrite because he knew I always wanted one. I had apparently made a comment about wanting a natural alexandrite ring YEARS ago, in passing, far before we had even started dating. I was so touched and surprised that he would remember that. My alexandrite e-ring is also more of an e-ring style setting to me and allows me to wear my wedding band flush with it. Alexandrite is my birthstone, and my wedding band has his birthstone - sapphires - and I love having both of our birthstones in my set.

I really love my RHR. I think it's so pretty, and PSers were so amazingly wonderful in helping me create it. I had always wanted a diamond RHR, and I'm so grateful to have mine. However, it doesn't scream e-ring to me. I've even tried wearing my RHR on my other hand and with my wedding band (although my RHR is so low-set that you really can't wear a band with it at all), and it just doesn't do it for me as an e-ring/alternate e-ring. I'm sure that's because of my personal experiences with each ring and my own personal thoughts and feelings I ascribe to each ring, because my RHR certainly COULD be an e-ring, but to me it is distinctly a RHR to me and in no way competes with my e-ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I ever wore my RHR I would only wear a band as my ering. I don’t like my RHR to Ben bigger than my ering. That’s just me.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no rules when it comes to bling so wearing a RHR ring that is larger than whatever I'm wearing as an engagement ring wouldn't bother me at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results