shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhodium dip on very detailed ring

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I would like to get my engagement ring re-rhodium plated for my upcoming wedding so it will match the wedding band better. When wearing the two together I can definitely tell a difference in color. My concern is the profile of my ring is very detailed and I'm worried when they do the polishing step of the plating that it may mess up all the detail work of my ring. I'm calling the jeweler tomorrow to see how long it will take and I'll ask then but I wanted some other opinions as well. I've had other rings re plated before but they didn't have any engraving and detail like this ring. When I had my ring resized the detail at the bottom of my ring was smoothed out a little so I'm wary of having anything done to it.
image_575.jpg
image_576.jpg
Sorry the pictures are sideways, I don't know how to switch them around.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Bump! Anyone??

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The pictures are not close enough to the ring to see any fine detail, although it is a beautiful design. One issue with gold is that when it is polished a very small amount of gold is buffed away. It's just the nature of the beast. The buffing wheel has to be firm enough to take out any scratches in the ring when polishing.

You could ask the jeweler to do a very light polishing to minimize the gold removal, but any scratches on the ring may remain.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Sorry the pictures aren't great but there are lots of small details. I was saying "fine" as in small and intricate. Thanks for your reply.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results