shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhino: gem file please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hbright

Rough_Rock
Rhino,

Would be so kind as to provide a gem files for the following? Could you also post the fire and scintillation scores?? Please?

Stone 1
total depth: 61.5%
Crown angle: 34.3%
Pav. angle: 40.9
table %: 56%
girdle: medium
carat: 0.845
culet: pointed

crown height: 14.9%
pav height: 43.2%

Stone 2
total depth: 60.9%
Crown angle: 34.1%
Pav. angle: 40.9
table %: 56%
girdle: medium
carat: 0.722
culet: pointed

crown height: 15.0%
pav height: 43.0%

Thanks.

Hui

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Hbright,

Without seeing the diamond in hand trying to make a prediction could be very misleading. For example the combination of angles on these next 2 pictures I post are diamonds based on the measurements you gave me on the first diamond (the .84ct) but the differences in the minor facets can change the LightScope image of these stones affecting both their appearance and their light return. I would have different commentary on each one of these stones that would vary in their description and frankly there are hundreds of combinations I could show you.

Even when I've analysed diamonds in certain brands there would be diamonds I would turn down or accept based on this type of analysis and would NEVER endorse a diamond I did not personally inspect. Any appraiser however would say this. So in these next 2 pics are 2 of many possible combinations that you may have.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Peace,
Rhino

hbright01.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
btw, scintillation would be dramatically different between these 2 stones.

hbright02.jpg

hbright

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting those images Rhino. So facet dimensions affect the stones a lot too? I was hoping for the gem files I could open with the gem advisor.

It'd be great if anyone else could post the actual downloadable gem files for the stones described above.

Thanks.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fortunately I can accurately measure the minor facets with the OGI that I don't need a Sarin diascan! I can create models that are minor facet specific on any stone I inspect.:cheeky:

Peace,
Rhino

justme

Shiny_Rock
Rhino -

Aren't you on vacation?? And what are you doing up at 3 in the morning?

Have a great holiday!

hbright

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rhino. The diamond I bought has an image more like the first with thinner arrows.

Here's Ideal-Scope image. I adjusted the brightness and contrast to make it look more like what I actually see. It's got some table leakage and some leakage near the hotspots between the arrow tips. It score a 1.1 on the HCA.

Remember, this is a non-H&A branded stone. It's an AGS ideal cut that I handpicked among 3 other AGS ideals which had similar patterns at local B&M (superstore type).

I used a Nikon Coolpix 2500 digital cam with an ideal-scope (thanks Gary!) attachment in the "close-up" mode.

IS image.jpg

hbright

Rough_Rock
This is a pic of the ring I'd like share. My fiance loves it!

Thanks to all in this forum for educating me!

The Ring.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rhino I emailed you about this. It is a completely different thing than knowing the length of lower girdle facets that the Sarin 3D scan lets you do with DiamCalc2.
You can work with the actual model of the stone with every facet placed in its actual real world position, so if one facet is slightly tilted, then the what you see is the effect of that tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results