shape
carat
color
clarity

Revisions to GIA Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 2:38:26 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

I fear that GIA is truly not aware that diamonds are sold to consumers.

Sorry, that was exaggerated. But I fear that they are not organized or prepared for stones returning from consumers. I think that they expect re-submittals from professionals only, who will only return stones if they have a suspicion about the correctness of the report.

Live long,
When I spoke to them on Jeremy''s behalf I clarified that he was an end-user. I also mentioned that this was a question on a consumer internet forum - and referred to ''current buyers of GIA-graded diamonds.'' It sounded as if they expect consumers too, but I did not get that clarifiation.

Jeremy, if your diamond is a 1.68 they had the info up when I spoke with them. If those tabs hav only come out since October 20 and your diamond was graded in May I don''t know how it would have a tab either.
33.gif

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
Yeah, didn''t make much sense to me either.

I have a feeling the people who are supposed to be reading the emails are NOT really reading them too carefully. Either that or they have no clue what they are talking about.

The woman I corresponded with also tried to tell me that all the info on the cert is confidential. Even though I own the stone and have the original cert, I had to go to the person I bought the stone from to get the info.....however, the magical tab that contains all the info doesn''t even exist!!!

So when Jan 1 rolls around, do you think if I send the cert back (without the stone since it is mounted and won''t be unmounted), that they would issue the new cert with the angles since the angles have already been measured?

How come I can''t get them to tell me what they are if they already exist??!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results