shape
carat
color
clarity

Review princess cut.. w/ GIA, ASET, 40X, and Sarin

enyce

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, can you guys kindly review and let me know your thoughts on this princess cut from Whiteflash?

CI_GIA17615075.jpg
DI40X_GIA17615075.jpg
IS_GIA17615075.jpg
AST_GIA17615075.jpg
Sarin_GIA17615075.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

charlottejw

Rough_Rock
I am by no means an expert, but I have looked at a decent number of Princess ASETs (I just bought a 2+ carat last month from GOG). Here is my take on it.

The depth to table ratio is problematic for ideal light performance, the table of 74% is larger than the depth of 71% and the girdle is very thick at points so it may be hiding weight to get over the 2.5c mark

The Idealscope image shows more leakage than I would like to see in a princess (the white areas). Its better than many that I have seen, but it clearly would not make the standards of an ACA and maybe not even Expert selection (although I have seen some expert selection idealscopes that looked similar).

The Aset image shows a lot more green than red, which isnt ideal, in a very nicely cut princess you will see mostly red (with blue) in the table of the diamond with the red spreading some to the corners and getting close to the sides. Also there doesnt seem to be much blue in the image at all which may make the contrast pattern less attractive, but it would need to be seen in person to determine this.

That being said, its a pretty decent stone, it should look much better than the average princess out there, but it is not of the top quality that most on PS seem to look for. I have found that when you are looking for princess's at or above 2.5 carat size it gets tough to find ideal cut stones, if you are focused on the 2.5c mark it is going to be difficult to find an ideal cut stone (just my personal experience)

enyce

Rough_Rock
thanks! The choices are definitely more slim at 2.5ct for princess cuts. I do see more white than I would like to see in the idealscope image. I'm probably going to wait and keep searching until I find a really good one as I feel like with a $25k budget overall I should be able to find something very nice.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Is this one you called in? I would stick with their in-house stones, those have fantastic light performance, and it is too difficult to tell by the numbers with fancies.

enyce

Rough_Rock
this is one they have in-house but it was called in by another customer who backed out, so technically it is from their virtual inventory and not part of their true in-house selection. they don't have anything above 2.1ct in their "white flash ACA" collection unfortunately.

charlottejw

Rough_Rock
If you truly want something above 2.5ct (princess) I recommend talking with either WF or GOG and have them try and look specifically for a stone for you. I know that people have had some luck with GOG bringing in some nice stones for them, to be honest I am not a huge fan of either 3 carat stones they have in inventory for different reasons (one price, one so-so ASET). Seems like Rhino has a great eye for princesses and that may be your best bet. The supply of top quality above 2.5ct princess stones is VERY limited, they seem to not be that popular and therefore few people bother to stock them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results