shape
carat
color
clarity

Review of Gem Oro Sparkle Spa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll preface this with my review of the Sharper Images US, which I had previously purchased. I bought it new, used it no more than twice a week, and had it about 5 months. It "seemed" to work as it should, going by the descriptions of others who had it, as far as what sounds it made, and what the water top looked like while in use. However, it never really got my ring clean. It got to the point where I would have to scrub with a brush after letting 2 cycles run, to get it close to what it should look like. Obviously counterproductive, in my case. Maybe it was defective, I don''t know. It just died on me, for no apparent reason. So, I decided to try something else.

I then ordered the GOSS. It arrived nicely wrapped and securely packaged.

The unit is larger than the SI, which doesn''t bother me. Attractive. Much quieter, just a constant buzzing, but not near as loud as the SI.

I LOVE the basket. It is approximately 6x4 inches, and all flat on the botton. There is a small indented circle in the middle, with smaller holes than in the rest of it. Perfect for my studs. This was a major gripe of mine with the SI. The basket was very small, and bowl shaped (only worse), everything slid to the middle.

I first ran it with heated water (about a cup) with one capful of the cleaner that came with it. Just one cycle, which last 3 minutes. It did a pretty good job, I was surprised.

Second time I used Dawn and a splash of Amonia in heated water. Turned out very nice! Especially since I had not scrubbed it with a brush since before I got it. Ran it again, not a noticable difference.

Third time was plain Dawn, heated water. It was about as clean as with the cleaner that came with it, possibly not quite as good.

Overall, I am really pleased, especially since it was half the price of the SI. I would definitely recommend purchasing one if you''re in the market.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this review.
I need to invest in an ultrasonic and have done a ton of reading (there are SO many posts on this topic) and have found it to be overwhelming.

where did you purchase your new ultrasonic?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
great review ellen!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the review Ellen, I''m considering buying an ultrasonic to celebrate one year with ps and I don''t know which to buy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you. I think I will buy one.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the review Ellen. I was planning on getting my sister an ultrasonic for her B-day later this month and was unsure which one I wanted to get her. I think she will like the looks and sounds of the Gem Oro and will probably give one a try for her.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to hear this, too, Ellen! So the basket is removable? I think I''d try this one, too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrss and ds! Yes, the basket is removable.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Really nice review Ellen, and very timely for me as I have been trying to decide what to get. I especially appreciate your review on your different ''recipes'' and how they worked with this particular spa.

Thanks again!
Lisa

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the review. I am in need of a new one.

Just curious, what happens if you stick your finger in while it is operating????? (now i am gonna have to try really hard not to do that...)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 8:16:35 PM
Author: Eva17
Thanks for the review. I am in need of a new one.

Just curious, what happens if you stick your finger in while it is operating????? (now i am gonna have to try really hard not to do that...)
Thanks!

And, I''m not sure what happens. Lemme go try it, if I don''t come back, well, you''ll know.
9.gif

Seriously, not sure....

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, I hope your are O.K.

LOL!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 10:26:52 PM
Author: Eva17
Ellen, I hope your are O.K.

LOL!
Of course!

I''m not tryin it.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results